Gamo IGT vs Any Spring rifle

I'm going to buy my first air rifle for target shooting, and I came across the Gamo IGT system. what I want to know is if this system is better the a coiled spring?
What I'm looking for is a durable gun with consistent power, in the Gamo website they say the IGT provides consistent power and more accuracy but since I don't believe what companies say about their products I would like to know what are your opinions.Thank you

I just moved up from two Gamos, They are complete junk, I never knew an air rifle could be so accurate or so consistent until I got my HW97K with an Aztec scope. I am literally going to throw away my Gamo Silent Cat IGT and Gamo Whisper they are that bad. I'm definitely sticking with springers from now on, it should tell you something when the high end German airgun manufacturers are still using springs vs IGT.

My Gamo Silent Cat IGT can't even penetrate cardboard at 20yds after 3yrs, not sure if the gas leaked or what but it is useless now. I never left it cocked and really didn't shoot more than 1,000 rounds through it in the 3yrs I've had it. Also, where the stop screw from the scope mount was inserted into the mounting rail hole is a gash where the rail was shredded from the recoil.

My own thinking on a gamo is the better warranty the better gun from them

1 year - lol bargain type Walmart

3 year - may d pend on the model or luck of the draw

5 year - mine been pretty good shooters and lasted for years .

Now with that gamo is very user fix it unfriendly . Of something goes out or bad it's pretty much send it to them or you not going to fix it with parts in the USA. Maybe cash in Australia might have something to get you back going ..idk.

I'll tell ya that wood stock hunter extreme pro in.22 on a good sale price at gamo I'd do it if I was in need of another gamo .

Then I prefer my spring guns over the gas rams in any brand ..

Reactions: HPP-Mechanic