• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gamo Hunter 890 and springer vs gas piston?

Hi all. I've recently reacquired my old Gamo Hunter 890 from a friend, and in doing some research, I'm not sure if this is a "springer" or gas piston rifle. It's definitely a break-barrel. This also confuses me. I've noticed the same rifles, (at Airgun Depot), listed under break-barrel and gas piston. Is gas-piston just a subset of the break-barrel category?

Thanks all. Just trying to better understand this nice old airgun.

Artie

Thanks outdoorman. That means I probably made a mistake in ordering the ARH "tune kit". (Which has the E3650 spring.) I got the impression that it was applicable to all Gamo "Hunters". 
1f627.svg

That spring should fit your gun. What did I say that would make you think otherwise?

Sounds like your kinda new to the springer airgun world...you will need to either build or buy a spring compressor to rebuild that gun!

Those old gamo's are good solid guns compared to the crap they sell these days and that spring is under quite a bit of preload so you can't just start taking it apart without some kind of compressor to back it off slowly. 

James from Michigan,