Gamo Gamatic

Anyone have any experience with one of these? What I read in the ad is that it is some type of break barrel tube fed repeater. Kind of curious as to how it shoots. 

gamo.1641484565.jpg

Thanks

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I owned a Gamo Survival Rifle in the 1980s, that was a folding-stocked, shorter-barreled variant of the Gamatic. It was a neat little break-barrel repeater, albeit the tube-fed repeating mechanism wasn't particularly 'confidence inspiring'. That said, it functioned well enough; likely because I used domed pellets I felt conducive to functioning through it. I fed it (lightweight lead) Beeman Laser pellets to (also) extract more velocity from the modest power-plant. If I recall correctly, the Survival Rifle got about 500 FPS with the light Lasers (about 7 grains).

Accuracy was neither impressive nor disappointing (if One realistically considers the source). And while it wasn't impressive on paper, one morning I managed to drop nine grackles out of a pecan tree in my brother's back yard at ranges of 10-25 yards with the gun topped with a low-magnification mini rifle scope; a silver-slipper fit for the little carbine's looks and purpose(s). Mind you, I was mindful of the gun's capabilities and limitations, and grackles' vulnerabilities (upper-chest) in my shot-placements. Would be especially the case if you utilize one for your specialty, Ratzilla.

Another time I shot the Survival Rifle from atop the raised bank of a pond at floating targets to ranges you'd think beyond its capabilities. I was somewhat surprised, and VERY entertained. It was a fun little plinker... for a while. 

I've considered getting another, just for funzies. Unfortunately, either there weren't many sold in the U.S., or (more likely) not many survived their target audience ('frugal' consumers). The few times I've seen them for sale they were in poor condition and/or the sellers priced them like they had collectable value (a common affliction among sellers; especially those prefacing their ad or auction with declarations like "RARE" and "LOOK!"). 

I don't have one for sale, but LOOK!

SUR Rifle.1641494919.jpg

I am going out on a limb here. I have seen your pictures and know the air shot survival rifle, as my dad has one. The rabbit hole he has sent me down is trying to find a part for it that broke. I came here to see if any of you knew where I could find something like this. If I can even find something like this.

The piece that broke has to do with the auto load...I have done a lot of searching and am coming up short handed.

Any of you have any options that I may be able to try???

Desperate at this time for the Old Man. :)