• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gamo Coyote

Hi all, thinking of buying one, would appreciate input, especially from those who actually have owned one. The listed weight is 7.8 lbs. Does it balance well, or is it muzzle heavy? I am a bit weight sensitive. Also, how is the trigger? I own some quality rimfire, and am used to a nice, light, crisp trigger. Lastly, if I go with the lighter Urban model, what am I giving up? Thanks.

PS: I have hefted a Marauder at the local Cabela, and it feels like hoisting a Volkswagen.

I used to own the 22 cal yote. Heavy, roughly 35 shots, is very accurate, trigger is adjustable, can't adjust the power. I sent it back for a bullpup which was same cost, almost triple the shot count, adjustable power, a little lighter , but the trigger was a little rough until I nodded it.

The urban is a smaller version, can't adjust the power, roughly 30 shots, light, same barrel as the yote so accurate, shorter in length, and not as powerful.

So the question is what do you want to do with your gun?

The Coyote is nearly as heavy as the Marauder but it's a carbine and not as front heavy. Out of the box, the trigger is terrible but can be improved with a longer adjustment screw and a few other tweaks. The urban is a little less powerful, has the same trigger and has a crappy plastic stock. They both have BSA barrels and are very accurate with the right pellets. If you are looking for something lightweight with a nice trigger, perhaps you should look elsewhere.

I used to own the 22 cal yote. Heavy, roughly 35 shots, is very accurate, trigger is adjustable, can't adjust the power. I sent it back for a bullpup which was same cost, almost triple the shot count, adjustable power, a little lighter , but the trigger was a little rough until I nodded it.

The urban is a smaller version, can't adjust the power, roughly 30 shots, light, same barrel as the yote so accurate, shorter in length, and not as powerful.

So the question is what do you want to do with your gun?

The Urbans power Can be adjusted. I also drilled a hole in the rear of the stock below the receiver so I could access the hammer spring adjuster bolt with a 4mm allen without removing the stock.
1580487868_15706576865e3454bc1646f9.52681285_20181206_154938_HDR.jpg

Great little rifle!

Mike

The Coyote is also able to have the power adjusted. Just have to take it out of the stock. It is a nice rifle and yes it is somewhat heavy but not too bad. Very accurate with the BSA barrel and it looks pretty good too. The trigger can be made better with the addition of a longer screw. All in all a nice rifle. It is just a bigger version of the Urban with a wood stock, larger airtube and more power. I happen to have one for sale in the classifieds right now that has a full length shroud on it. It belongs to my uncle and I'm helping him sell off his airguns as he can no longer shoot.

My gamo urban is a really really accurate and light shooter, Handles well and can be adjusted via hammer spring, just have to remove stock but there is a mod for that. Also the 10mm trigger screw mod makes this thing hole on hole accurate at 30 yards. It’s so boring that I shoot nothing less than 50 yds. 30 shots is about 65 pumps on a 40$ hand pump. Also very backyard friendly . Loves 15.89 and 18.1