Gamo compact. A dull pistol?

Oh yes, but it’s possible to do something about it. A drill, a band saw, sanding paper, some Herdins dark walnut paint, a picatinny rail, a red dot, and you get a handy, precise and an almost recoil less shooter.
8B36E21D-81B4-4AE4-B3B1-9891F66A59E1.jpeg

FF71C877-B771-4CEB-AFC0-75D3BED7CD07.jpeg

76BCF855-64CB-452F-B0AD-3D99D709F0E8.jpeg

86BBAE15-9CD9-49DC-B8E7-57B9C867ED2F.jpeg

50917ED9-D781-4910-A682-F621FF027E29.jpeg

i had worked on a weaver picatinny mount years ago but never finish it milled the cocking handle down and use and low profile mount so the sights still could be used
the project sits next to me as i type this
if you open up the trigger assembly with the plastic cove off watch the trigger
you will notice that the trigger moves about 4mm before it engages anything
put a piece of something in there and tape it over and take the take up out of the trigger, i cut a chunk of urethane
the grips are an interesting take on improvement

i had worked on a weaver picatinny mount years ago but never finish it milled the cocking handle down and use and low profile mount so the sights still could be used
the project sits next to me as i type this
if you open up the trigger assembly with the plastic cove off watch the trigger
you will notice that the trigger moves about 4mm before it engages anything
put a piece of something in there and tape it over and take the take up out of the trigger, i cut a chunk of urethane
the grips are an interesting take on improvement
A good suggestion. I think the trigger is sweet on this pistol out of the box though, but something to consider.

Excellent 'personaiization' Gunner!(y)

In 1991 I added a dove-tail scope rail to the top-strap of my FAS 604 SSP pistol for NRA Silhouette competition; kind of a more competition-specific Italian made Compact. I suspect the FAS adjustable trigger made for a nicer trigger-break than your FAS.

I managed to tie the NRA national record at the time of 39/40; the chicken that didn't fall actually turning to face me!:oops::eek:🤬😭 In other words, I (literally) came within .005" of being the first person to shoot a perfect 40/40 score in NRA Scope-Pistol Silhouette. DOH!

Pistol Nat Record.jpg

Like many other irreplaceable airguns through the decades, I parted with that gun in a weak moment for other wants. Suffice to say I sure miss FASsie-Mae!

Last edited:
Excellent 'personaiization' Gunner!(y)

In 1991 I added a dove-tail scope rail to the top-strap of my FAS 604 SSP pistol for NRA Silhouette competition; kind of a more competition-specific Italian made Compact. I suspect the FAS adjustable trigger made for a nicer trigger-break than your FAS.

I managed to tie the NRA national record at the time of 39/40; the chicken that didn't fall actually turning to face me!:oops::eek:🤬😭 In other words, I (literally) came within .005" of being the first person to shoot a perfect 40/40 score in NRA Scope-Pistol Silhouette. DOH!

View attachment 358464

Like many other irreplaceable airguns through the decades, I parted with that gun in a weak moment for other wants. Suffice to say I sure miss FASsie-Mae!

Ron,
I still have FASsie-Mae! I took off the rail and weights, and shoot her when I want to be humbled. She still shoots so much better than me. Definitely better than the Gamo. The rail and weights are in the box with the pistol. I don't like optical sights on a pistol, and the open sights are so nice to use.

AirNGasman - 39/40 (39 and a half I must add), that is SO close!! Very impressive.
Jockotobling - I can live with a light RD on a pistol (65 years and eyes so,so). Even a small scope when it comes to the high powered pistols are ok in my book. But I am more skeptical when it comes to converting pistols to “small rifles”. Even if it is meant to clip on/of in a heartbeat. It kind of ruins the advantages a pistol represents. Oh yes. Have to admit that I have one. The AP16 with all the rifle converting gear, moderator and bipod….
Filling a suitcase of its own, stored away and never have been mounted.
But a red dot…. Opened a wider use for me, and made pistol shooting so much funnier.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1