• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gamo CAT trigger modifaction

I want to tell you how to modify the Gamo CAT trigger. As we all know Gamo triggers can be a little on the firm side and have excessive creep till they final break. This can be unpredictable and definitely affects accuracy. This mod deals with lightening and shortening the trigger pull in the second stage.
1522962475_7966187635ac6902b3eced7.28754882_image.jpeg
As you can see I have changed the silver screw behind the trigger for a longer M2x9mm. This is the screw that controls the second stage. In factory form you can only increase the length of pull before the trigger breaks, which is pretty useless.
1522963055_20381894295ac6926f89c3e7.78604362_image.jpeg
The top screw is the Gamo original which is a M2x7mm. The bottom screw is a M2x8mm which I made from a laptop screw by grinding it down. I fiddled around quite a bit with different lengths and found the sweet spot to be between 8mm-9mm(max). You can find these screws online nearest to you, they are a M2 machine screw by name. M2 means 2mm wide thread. And the length of the thread will be 9mm. Remove and replace the Gamo screw with a M2x9mm, screw it in nearly all the way say about 8.5mm in. This should be a pretty good starting point if not perfect, do 1/4 turns in or out at a time till you find where you want your trigger to break. 
This should be a drastic improvement over the Gamo factory settings. And on par with a aftermarket trigger job. Just a quick note if you screw it all the way in then it can be a bit touchy I mean a HAIR TRIGGER! so keep it safe. Have fun and I hope this helps.

Recently purchased the Gamo Swarm Fusion 10x Gen. 2 in .177 caliber. Replaced the rear screw with a 2.5 x 12mm screw from the local Ace hardware store. Yes, this rifle's trigger screw was a 2.5mm diameter, not a 2mm. They only had it in a 12mm length, but that works just fine. Loctite 242 on it as well. Definitely helps to reduce the creep that was still there after adjusting the factory screws all the way in. Be careful not to go too far in (clockwise), as others have mentioned. Cost- .37cents, well worth that!