• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gamo Bull Whisper Extreme Cocking Issue

I was out target shooting and noticed nothing out of the ordinary, but when I cocked the break barrel it would only cock half way. Less than 90 degrees down. The barrel stops on a solid object (metal?). I don't heard anything loose inside of the barrel. Has anyone experience this issue before?

No, it doesn't fully cock. I can cock the barrel only half way of its full throw until it stops on what seems to be metal. So, there's no give once the barrel stops. Nothing that I can see is bent, slipped of moved, and the hinge from the barrel to the piston hasn't been compromised. Whatever is stopping the barrel from fully cocking seems to be inside of the gun. I searched the web and couldn't find anyone who experienced this problem.

I had a gamo big cat 1200 
did the same thing .. Tuned out that the spring guide (made of polymer ) broke off and jams up on the coils about half way up not allowing the other half of the spring to compress 
this seems likely 
if you open up your gun the warrantee will void so I'd just get a new one 
honestly if you want a better and quieter gun that's more accurate with a better bundled scope id get refunded and buy the Benjamin np2 
much better gun in most respects 
I have the trail xl it's tough to shoot the np2 is the choice I wish I had made for $279 bucks