Gamo Arrow

Ordered a Gamo Arrow Monday from PA. Got here today. Came doubleboxed from GAMO already. I knew from the YouTube reviews it was a 40 shot at 16fpe gun in .22 so didn't bother shooting it stock. Takes about 90 seconds to disassemble and another 5 minutes on the lathe opening up the TP to .147" and doing a spring swap. Valve and barrel are already ported above that. Used a .059" wire diameter with .48" OD and 2" OAL spring. Reassembled and aired up. Compressor sheared the drive shaft last week so handpumped the gun. First full takes 3 minutes maybe but now getting 20 shots at 27fpe in the sweet spot of the curve and only 55 pumps to top it back off. I am only filling to about 3100psi down to about 1800 psi. 125cc tube pumps quick. Magazine handles standard polymags too so that's a plus. I have cphp, H&N FTT, Hades, 15.89JSB, Polymags and 18.13 JSB to test this weekend and I'll do an update. Trigger is a little long but smooth and shoulders really nice. Wide foregrip feels great. If accuracy is good out to 25 yards it should be a great squirrel gun this year.

20220824_113023.jpg

20220824_113100.jpg

20220824_113127.jpg

received_446036124253847.jpeg

received_1191666895023851.jpeg

received_1277082389693797.jpeg

received_1091788448131841.jpeg

Looked it up. How do you like the straight pull back cocking? Would you recommend for a youngster or stick with the side lever?
Super easy to cock. A youngster would have no issue. I really like it. I have quite a few pcps in my collection. All are double or more than this one in cost but this will probably be my squirrel gun and camp gun this year. 55 pumps to refill and not have to carry tanks or compressors and easily minute of squirrel accuracy.

I also plan to keep it open sights. They are really nice. I can shoot nickles out to 20 yards easily with both polymags and hades. That's my average distance for squirrel in the woods anyway plus will be using it on raccoon this winter which is 10-15 yards average when treed.
My gamo springer works best open sighted. I just wonder how that red truglow is vs my yellow . It can be like looking into the sun sometimes ..lol.

I hope you keep this thread up to 100y tries as you go. I think this gun is interesting. My whisper fision mach1 could do 3" open sight at 100 so this pcp should easly do that id feel. ( .22,cphp). Or would hope so..lol

Reactions: pdxFrank
My gamo springer works best open sighted. I just wonder how that red truglow is vs my yellow . It can be like looking into the sun sometimes ..lol.

I hope you keep this thread up to 100y tries as you go. I think this gun is interesting. My whisper fision mach1 could do 3" open sight at 100 so this pcp should easly do that id feel. ( .22,cphp). Or would hope so..lol
I'll definitely try 50/100 with it. I wouldn't be surprised at 2ish inch groups at 100. Lots of practice open sights at long distance while in the Army years ago.

A light $250 pcp/pump combo that gets 27fpe and nice opensights (very nice ones too) that can hit a nickel at 20 yards is a big win. 55 pumps to top it off makes it the perfect camping gun for me. Squirrel, rabbit, Quail and raccoon are the primary I hunt and rarely shoot over 25 yards. I have an ultralight .25 cal that is scoped and does right at 50fpe if I decide to go for anything bigger or further but it's double the pumping for the same 20 shots. And have never truly needed the extra power but it's there if I do. I started a catch and cook Youtube channel that focuses on budget equipment for hunting and fishing plus more of a gourmet cooking style rather than simple pan fry or cooking over fire/coals to show people it doesn't take a ton of money to get started and wild game/fresh caught fish/foraged mushrooms and plants can be fancy too.

I'll definitely try 50/100 with it. I wouldn't be surprised at 2ish inch groups at 100. Lots of practice open sights at long distance while in the Army years ago.
If it can do it at its price a guy cant complain i guess. I do onow my cat trigger is like pulling a bag of cement through quicksand. I wonder if gamo helped that any ... Also my gamo uad the he older rear real loose and flopy sight blade where the latest has a better "improved" rear blade to prevent that issue. Thought that was nice of them to do..lol

Personly i think they all need to offer a iron sight option on guns and not leave you with a scope only ordeal.

Like i think kral use to add irons woth the puncher mega then got wanting that just to find they don't anymore ( even though they still put truglow sights on the box (then). That was almost a big selling point for me runied..

Bumped the spring up to a 2-1/4" oal .059" wire with 1/2 a coil removed. Removed about 1/16" from the hammer face to increase the stroke and drilled the center of the hammer with a 1/4" drill bit 3/8" deep and press fit a peek striker. So a lighter hammer and much less mechanical noise during the firing.

15.89gr .22 HADES
20 shots from a 3300psi fill
125cc tube volume

chart_maker_pro_1661521936023.jpg