Gamo Arrow Budget pcp

I have been looking at all reviews of this rifle and with the 4th looming

One can be had for less than 200 shipped if applied holiday coupon is used

It seems to outshoot the Urban albeit a little slower in FPS I’m think a.177 shooting 10 + gran pellets

Open sights Could be the “ truck gun “ buy of the year ..... but I’d scope it anyway !!

Thoughts on this ?

I take the one review that it out shoots the urban with a grain of salt. Remember that review was done with one pellet and the result was pretty close. I owned an urban for over a year and it is a great great gun and is only a little bit more money. I haven’t owned the arrow but just from looking at it doesn’t stack up to the bsa quality of the urban. I wouldn’t even consider an arrow over an urban for a millisecond.

I'm taking all reviews with a grain of salt as well. All of those guns were hand chosen and shipped by Gamo and Gamo has been known to play games with YouTube reviews in the past. I doubt they picked from the bottom of the barrel here.

That being said, if its anything like the Urban, it should be a great budget gun. For $200 I suspect you can't really go wrong but I dont feel its going to be quite up to the Urbans quality. The Urban was 90% BSA whereas, as far as I can tell at least, the Arrow is mostly Gamo.

I’ve also seen the urban for under $300 again Shipped price on amazon .

The Urban is very well respected. Mags now can be had for 30 bucks

I’m thinking for the intended use I’m looking for 35 yds is about what I need

I struggle with these simple decisions
I would get the Urban. Its a proven plinker and I dont know anyone who didn't like theirs. The Arrow is PROBABLY fine too but you're rolling the dice.

I don't know about the Arrow. Maybe for your use if you stay within 35 yards, you will be O.K.

But the general vibe I am getting from reviewers (who want to present the gun in the best light possible, so that they can get guns from Gamo in the future to test), they seem to be making a lot of excuses for it. Things like 'it isn't that powerful or accurate, but it's a $200 gun.'

Once again, depending on your particular intended use, it might be just fine. But those are big red flags to me, especially as they are being said by folks who want to give the gun a good review. It seems like it could be a step up from very inexpensive springers of the type one would buy at Walmart or Big 5, but not much of a step up.

It might be only $200, but that still might be a badly spent $200. Make sure if you buy one you buy from a shop with a money back satisfaction guarantee.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
I don't know about the Arrow. Maybe for your use if you stay within 35 yards, you will be O.K.

But the general vibe I am getting from reviewers (who want to present the gun in the best light possible, so that they can get guns from Gamo in the future to test), they seem to be making a lot of excuses for it. Things like 'it isn't that powerful or accurate, but it's a $200 gun.'

Once again, depending on your particular intended use, it might be just fine. But those are big red flags to me, especially as they are being said by folks who want to give the gun a good review. It seems like it could be a step up from very inexpensive springers of the type one would buy at Walmart or Big 5, but not much of a step up.

It might be only $200, but that still might be a badly spent $200. Make sure if you buy one you buy from a shop with a money back satisfaction guarantee.
I do see your point. Food for thought.... I’m looking at the urban hard now !

Also I haven’t seen a .177 review of the arrow

In .22 It doesn’t have the legs for 50 yards

But I’m betting the .177 shot with a heavy would be closer to the 800fps and thus more capable at range
Sure it does. I shoot an .22 cal HW35E beyond 50yds and I'm not even breaking 600fps. Velocity isn't anywhere near as important as some people think. A 22, even a slow one, still tends to handle wind a bit better than .177