Gamo Gamo action

Figured I'd get the gamo out some

Quick 50y(tin) and 30y(blackdot)

Stock irons, cp-hp.22.
gamo,irons,cp-hp.22, 50-30y.png

A bit shaky on the 30 🥴, oh well...

I’ve got a little over 200 rounds thru my Gamo Pro Hunter now and it’s getting better & better. Likes the FX 15.9g & JSB 15.89 jumbo exact the best so far. Going to see if the trigger screw improves things; if not, a CDT trigger will get ordered.
I think that'll be a good gamo + wood too boot ..

Reactions: HPP-Mechanic
I just watched Airgun Detective. He was reviewing the Gamo Extreme Hunter Pro. The rifle was putting out around 30 fpe and was very accurate with the H&N Greens. Looked pretty cool.
Gary
Ya,... It would of be one I'd be interested in . I think it should be a solid gun being a 5 year warranty model... I've seen gamo have it on a sale for like $219. Ish Then that's a bargen to grab one

Reactions: willy
I just ordered one from Gamo yesterday. I hope mine is as accurate as the one JC from Airgun Detectives has!
What one ? I think there sale pricing on that hunter extreme pro wood stock in a .22 would be a buy...

Well ... Mine was not too great fresh out of the box and kinda disappointed. I just had lots of .22 pellets and just kept plugging away with it no yelling how many thousands of shots then one day out of the blue it got pretty darn good and spot on

It seemed to take forever to break in I guess to say . Anyway it become one of my top 3 right there with hw/R9 ..lol

I've had this one above now for like 4 or 6 years now ... It's been ok and a good squirrel woods thug ...😜

Reactions: HPP-Mechanic
What one ? I think there sale pricing on that hunter extreme pro wood stock in a .22 would be a buy...

Well ... Mine was not too great fresh out of the box and kinda disappointed. I just had lots of .22 pellets and just kept plugging away with it no yelling how many thousands of shots then one day out of the blue it got pretty darn good and spot on

It seemed to take forever to break in I guess to say . Anyway it become one of my top 3 right there with hw/R9 ..lol

I've had this one above now for like 4 or 6 years now ... It's been ok and a good squirrel woods thug ...😜
I bought the Hunter Extreme Pro .22. They were on sale for $249.99 and only had 3 left when I placed my order yesterday. I just checked the Gamo website and it looks like they're now sold out. Whew! Glad I got ordered mine when I did. I was also able to use a 15% off coupon on top of the sales price, so it ended up costing me only $212.49 before shipping and tax.

I bought the Hunter Extreme Pro .22. They were on sale for $249.99 and only had 3 left when I placed my order yesterday. I just checked the Gamo website and it looks like they're now sold out. Whew! Glad I got ordered mine when I did. I was also able to use a 15% off coupon on top of the sales price, so it ended up costing me only $212.49 before shipping and tax.
Nice I'll be looking for your review ..

If I was going to get another gamo that one would be it .. I like it's looks and in .22 should slap things around ..lol

Reactions: JRW911
Had mine a couple of weeks now but due to the weather iv only put around 30 shots through It . I did get a chance to take It out today It does seem to like the JSB 15 grain pellets at around 890 fps very consistently , 50 yards five shots In about a 1" group with a couple of flyers pleased with that and will only get better with use .
1we2.jpg

Reactions: JRW911
I ordered 2 when there were 9 left. It’s a heavy gun, but the one I shot was accurate.

The tracking for mine updated from an estimated Saturday delivery to today (2/2/24), but it's still showing it's in a neighboring state, so I'm not getting my hopes up. Also, it's being delivered by FedEx, so I hope it doesn't arrive broken in half.

I already have several tins of 14.3 grain CPHSs, but I also ordered a tin of 16.08 grain and 22.07 grain JTS Dead Centers along with a tin of Baracuda 18s. Can't wait to do some pellet testing this next week!

My Hunter Extreme Pro arrived yesterday. I haven't scoped or chrono'd it yet, but it does seem pretty accurate with the iron sights. However, I've noticed it makes a rattling noise when I shake it. It's louder when it's uncocked vs when it's cocked. My cheapo Crosman break barrel doesn't make any noises when shaken. Does anyone else's Hunter Extreme Pro make the same rattling noise?

Last edited:
Quick 50y(tin) and 30y(blackdot)
This particular family of Gamo rifles ("Gamo Power"/"29mm Chamber") likes their Pro Magnum pellets in .22 caliber a lot. I believe your gun is also a "Power" family member with 24J of advertised muzzle energy?

I've also tested their Country pellets and they don't come close to these ProMagnum ones out of my Black Bear (I've got a spring version, not IGT). They perform as good as JSB Exact 5.51mm out of my gun and get 659 fps on average, weighing 1 gram/15.43 grains.

Got the chrono out for a few minutes yesterday. Took 5 shots with my Hunter Extreme Pro .22 (14.3 grain CPHPs) and got readings of 934, 926, 918, 911 and 911. Not sure why it went down with almost every shot, but I'm not disappointed with those numbers. I then scoped and zeroed it and afterward decided to test out the 4 different .22 pellets I currently have (2 more are arriving in the mail tomorrow). Surprisingly, between the JTS Dead Center 22.07 gr, H&N Baracuda 15, 14.3 gr CPHP and CPUM, the ones that grouped the best were the cheap Crosmans. The JTS Dead Centers were horrible in my gun. For this test, I was only shooting at around 15 yards. I'll stretch it out to 20-25 yards when the other two pellets come in tomorrow.

20240205_174545.jpg

20240205_174900.jpg