• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gamo 10 shot repeater

when ever im sighting in a rifle or testing a rifles acuracy , at a minimum you want to bench rest it , im new to pellet rifles but i would think it applies as it does to powder weapons , you want to remove as much human factor as possible , i actually use a lead sled when sighting in a rifle , it holds the rifle perfectly stationary

what you want to do is get a pure baseline of the rifle , so if its punching the same hole off a sled then you start shooting off a bag , or free hand , and your groups open you know you are causing it , then you can start to see what you are doing , other wise you have no base line to work from

it can also be usefull when trying various ammo to see what a particular rifle prefers because again you are getting a no nonsense baseline by removing the human variable

just curious, when people talk about breaking in the airgun, and measuring shots from 25 yards, etc. - are these based on shots without anything to support it, like a stand or tripod?
Breaking an airgun in consists of nothing more than shooting a lot. 350-500 rounds. It takes that many rounds to typically get 'seasoned' or broken in. And by then it may like a different pellet. As far as break barrels go, doesn't matter if you support it or not, but you have to utilize the artillery hold no matter what. Best explained here:

Reactions: Gamo1720
i finally was able to sight mine in tuesday , at 30 feet it was 3 inches , feet , not yards , everything was tight , just wouldnt settle down , so i remember folks saying the scope they give is trash , so i went to a LVPO i had on a .22 WMR but wanted something with a little more range so i put a SIG 3-12x44 on it , any way swapped it out , leveled it up and got to try it out today , 30 feet first 3 grouped 3/4 inch , low 3 inches but windage was right onn , adjusted elevation , same 3/4 group n the bull , went out to 30 yards , still in the bull 1 inch group , its me and who ever said their trigger was crap wasnt totally wrong , its bad but not unusable ,just stiff , not like it has a mile of creep before the break bad

then i hung a plastic bottle at 75 yards and i was hitting it at will , i am happy so far , reading this thread it sounds like it will get better as it breaks in , but switching to a better scope was night and day , not overly expensive scope either , think it was $150 range , clear and illumnated reticle , i bet if i can get into the trigger and polish a few things it would smooth it p , i may try a shot of CLP first

i thought the triggers were adjustable , Gamo swarm Maxium 10x .177
Gamo triggers are adjustable, kinda. It is already looser as it gets, u can just make it stiffer. So little bit longer screw gets it nice and loose. Here is a picture of that specific screw.

IMG_20230930_161824_edit_118019343183648.jpg

ok watched and understand the artillery hold video , i have another question , rifling fouling with lead , shooting non jacketed lead projectiles is a sure way to foul the rifling killing accuracy , i read a post where someone said bore brush's will destroy your barrel , how are you suppose to clean the lead from the rifling with out a bore brush , it will collect in the rifling until its essentially a smooth bore

Not sure which version you're looking at on Cabelas. I've got two Gamo Swarm Whispers/Gen 1 in .177 and .22 and a Gamo Swarm Magnum in .22. LOVE EM! They're very sweet shooting little springers. I've killed a coyote with the magnum. Anyway, the speed ratings on the box are shooting alloy pellets with perfect environmental conditions. My .177 shoots Gamo Red fires at @870fps, which is perfect for this rifle. A word of caution...The magazine feeding system is good. But If it's a Gen 2 or 3 and it fails you have to send the whole gun in to get them to replace it. On a Gen 1 version, you can order the piece that goes on top and put it on yourself. If you're looking at a .177 I'll sell you mine, with a whole bunch of extra magazines, ammo and advice. Message me if interested.
Good info, and by the way I seen your user name Mohunter and thought ,that is Missouri lol. I'm in Cape, originally from Scott City or Illmo. I shoot all pcp's up here. Holler if your ever up this way

Breaking an airgun in consists of nothing more than shooting a lot. 350-500 rounds. It takes that many rounds to typically get 'seasoned' or broken in. And by then it may like a different pellet. As far as break barrels go, doesn't matter if you support it or not, but you have to utilize the artillery hold no matter what. Best explained here:

Thanks @MOhunter- that is a great video, especially for anyone just getting started. I would have been holding my gun incorrectly, and unaware of the overall variation in the accuracy that would create. Ha! After a few hundred shots, I probably would be attributing it to the gun or pellet. Thx

Reactions: MOhunter
I have a .22cal. GAMO Swarm Gen 1 Bone collector in the wood stocked version, I've owned it about three years or so, It's not the most powerful or the most accurate air rifle I own, but it has performed flawlessly in all the time that I've owned it, I don't shoot it as much as some of my other air rifles but it is my dedicated small game rifle, it is minute of squirrel accurate with several weight and brands of pellets, is reasonably light to carry, and best of all I can carry a couple of spare loaded magazines and not have to fumble for pellets or worry about quick follow up shots for a whole day of hunting.
I'm not sorry that I bought it, and if your shooting style is anything like mine you could do worse than a GAMO.

I have a .22cal. GAMO Swarm Gen 1 Bone collector in the wood stocked version, I've owned it about three years or so, It's not the most powerful or the most accurate air rifle I own, but it has performed flawlessly in all the time that I've owned it, I don't shoot it as much as some of my other air rifles but it is my dedicated small game rifle, it is minute of squirrel accurate with several weight and brands of pellets, is reasonably light to carry, and best of all I can carry a couple of spare loaded magazines and not have to fumble for pellets or worry about quick follow up shots for a whole day of hunting.
I'm not sorry that I bought it, and if your shooting style is anything like mine you could do worse than a GAMO.
Well you dont see hw, diana ,ect holding squirrel Nationals, classic , masters every year.😉.

One thing if nothing else i can say is my gamo whisper fusion mach1 .22 is a squirrel woods thug.. !WHOP'em! and drop'em 🤤

I bought one for my 14yo son to build him up a bit. He’s very close to having enough arm strength to cock it. Then he’ll have to work on his finger strength to pull the gnarly trigger. Still, it was cheaper than the bribe to get him into the gym.
You know, that's at least a start. Once he's good maybe you can take him squirrel hunting! Just walking around enjoying nature is great exercise. Plus, those triggers do have the ability to be adjusted. If it's Gamo, start here

Reactions: Farmplinker2
You know, that's at least a start. Once he's good maybe you can take him squirrel hunting! Just walking around enjoying nature is great exercise. Plus, those triggers do have the ability to be adjusted. If it's Gamo, start here

Unless you do the screw mod that dont accomplish nothing...

C.. cant A.. adjust T.. trigger

"adjustable"

Reactions: Farmplinker2