• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gamo 10 shot repeater

NOT with THAT model but be aware, the speeds quoted by a lot of break barrel companies way overstate their fps. DON'T take their word for it!
ACCURACY/REPEATABILITY is what counts. Don't fall into the "speed is everything" trap. My personal experience with that brand is they look, feel, act like a toy.

Last edited:
Not sure which version you're looking at on Cabelas. I've got two Gamo Swarm Whispers/Gen 1 in .177 and .22 and a Gamo Swarm Magnum in .22. LOVE EM! They're very sweet shooting little springers. I've killed a coyote with the magnum. Anyway, the speed ratings on the box are shooting alloy pellets with perfect environmental conditions. My .177 shoots Gamo Red fires at @870fps, which is perfect for this rifle. A word of caution...The magazine feeding system is good. But If it's a Gen 2 or 3 and it fails you have to send the whole gun in to get them to replace it. On a Gen 1 version, you can order the piece that goes on top and put it on yourself. If you're looking at a .177 I'll sell you mine, with a whole bunch of extra magazines, ammo and advice. Message me if interested.

Reactions: psycho62
Not sure which version you're looking at on Cabelas. I've got two Gamo Swarm Whispers/Gen 1 in .177 and .22 and a Gamo Swarm Magnum in .22. LOVE EM! They're very sweet shooting little springers. I've killed a coyote with the magnum. Anyway, the speed ratings on the box are shooting alloy pellets with perfect environmental conditions. My .177 shoots Gamo Red fires at @870fps, which is perfect for this rifle. A word of caution...The magazine feeding system is good. But If it's a Gen 2 or 3 and it fails you have to send the whole gun in to get them to replace it. On a Gen 1 version, you can order the piece that goes on top and put it on yourself. If you're looking at a .177 I'll sell you mine, with a whole bunch of extra magazines, ammo and advice. Message me if interested.
I have a couple of gamo swarm fusion 10x gen3i .22 caliber 10-shot rifles. Just opened one up

When you say if the mag fails, the whole gun needs to go back to Gamo… that is only if you have a warranty claim, correct?

Maybe just the magazine goes kaput. I was actually about to get a few extra. What has been your experience with .22 stock magazines? Did you / or would you consider an upgrade?

Thanks,
PT

Cabelas has a Gamo .177 10 shot repeater. it shoots 1200f/s. does anyone have experience with this gun?
If you want a rifle for recreational shooting, to pick off the occasional vermin, or to get started in the airgun field, Gamo seems like a safe bet. They do have 3 out top 10 air rifles in the recreation category.

It does depend on the model. I did some research on Gamo.. there are a few useful enhancements on newer model -gen3i

I wouldn’t get too hung up on the fps. All else equal, the fps can vary 200-300 if you have lead vs alloy pellets. The pellet weight/ grain makes a big difference.

PT

I have a couple of gamo swarm fusion 10x gen3i .22 caliber 10-shot rifles. Just opened one up

When you say if the mag fails, the whole gun needs to go back to Gamo… that is only if you have a warranty claim, correct?

Maybe just the magazine goes kaput. I was actually about to get a few extra. What has been your experience with .22 stock magazines? Did you / or would you consider an upgrade?

Thanks,
PT
Well lemme clarify that for you. It's not the magazines that fail. 'Sometimes' the magazine feeding system (that bulky long system on top of the barrel that holds the magazine) might have issues. But usually only if you do something to cause it to fail, like cock the barrel only halfway or something to cause the mechanism to put abnormal pressure on it. Gen 1 you can simply pop it off and replace it. Gens 2/3 you send the whole gun back to Gamo to get them replaced. I don't really think they have a high failure rate tho. Of course if it's out of warranty I'm sure you'd pay for it, plus shipping. As far as the magazines themselves I've never had any issues.

Well lemme clarify that for you. It's not the magazines that fail. 'Sometimes' the magazine feeding system (that bulky long system on top of the barrel that holds the magazine) might have issues. But usually only if you do something to cause it to fail, like cock the barrel only halfway or something to cause the mechanism to put abnormal pressure on it. Gen 1 you can simply pop it off and replace it. Gens 2/3 you send the whole gun back to Gamo to get them replaced. I don't really think they have a high failure rate tho. Of course if it's out of warranty I'm sure you'd pay for it, plus shipping. As far as the magazines themselves I've never had any issues.
Thanks for clarifying that potential issue with the magazine. I did not realize much of this is preventable. People make it sound like it is “defective” or “cheap” component- it sounds like people work with it like it’s made of metal.

What is your experience with “breaking in” the gun? Is there a standard for that? I broke in a few dirt bikes, but not a gun. It makes sense though. I want to do it right

Thanks!

On a 5 year gun gamo pays the full bill for the first year shipping and all . After the first year you just pay the shipping to them. Just request a ups/ fedx printable lable to print and apply to the box.

Cabelas has a Gamo .177 10 shot repeater. it shoots 1200f/s. does anyone have experience with this gun?
@Rhinorider hey… did you end up getting that .177 Gamo airgun?

To answer your question: I have no experience with that Gamo model. Just what I’ve read and heard from others.

For me, as a beginner… my Gamo is gateway airgun… I expect it to last long enough and work well enough to have fun, learn about the discipline, and decide if I want to drop $600-$1,000 to level up.

PT

I own one GAMO Swarm .22 cal. air rifle, it's a Gen 1 Swarm magazine fed break barrel, it was advertised as shooting 1000fps, as has been stated that's with alloy pellets, mine is the wood stocked Bone Collector model, in reality it's getting about 800fps with 15gr. lead ammo, that's about 17~22 FPE depending on the pellet being used, accuracy is acceptable for hunting or plinking ranges of 30 and under.
I have several air rifles quite capable of much better accuracy, but they are allot more expensive and they don't have magazines which is really handy for follow up shots when hunting, if you're planning to hunt small game not having to fumble with pellets in the field is a good thing, carry an extra magazine and there's no need to carry a noisy tin of pellets with you in the woods.
Two cons with GAMO Swarm rifle and most GAMO rifles is that they come with bundled scopes, they are junk, know before hand that you will have to purchase a better quality scope to replace the bundle scope, the other con is with the magazines, they are pellet picky, if your pellets are too long or too fat they will jam the magazine or in the breech, most standard pellets will work great (but a few types won't) you need to be aware when loading the magazines.
My GAMO Swarm Bone Collector is five years old, it has worked flawlessly for me in all that time, I have four Magazines for that rifle and they also have worked flawlessly as well, but as with any mechanical device, the operator needs to pay attention at all times, I have been well satisfied with my GAMO Swarm air rifle, all I have done to it besides replace thee scope was to rplace the trigger screw with a longer screw, John at Air Gun Detectives (on line) sells the screws for $10.00 ea. inc. shipping and an allan wrench to install it, takes two minutes, well worth the investment to make a so so trigger into a nice trigger.

On a 5 year gun gamo pays the full bill for the first year shipping and all . After the first year you just pay the shipping to them. Just request a ups/ fedx printable lable to print and apply to the box.
Yeah that is right. However, I don't think that the swarm whisper is a 5-year gun. If memory serves it's just one year

Thanks for clarifying that potential issue with the magazine. I did not realize much of this is preventable. People make it sound like it is “defective” or “cheap” component- it sounds like people work with it like it’s made of metal.

What is your experience with “breaking in” the gun? Is there a standard for that? I broke in a few dirt bikes, but not a gun. It makes sense though. I want to do it right

Thanks!
Well from everything I've gathered it takes about 350 to 500 rounds to fully break in a new gun whether it's a break barrel or pcp. When you get the gun clean the barrel good and then don't clean it again until it eventually starts shooting crappy. Shooting lead it expels lead after every shot and actually leaves lid behind from the pellet it just shot. I don't know if that makes sense but there's always lead in the barrel in other words. Never ever ever clean a barrel with a barrel brush. That will possibly ruin the barrel. Always cock the barrel fully and never half cock it and then return it to the up position. Never dry fire a springer either if you can help it. And learn how to shoot using the artillery hold which means basically don't give it a death grip on the forearm of the stock it has to have loose movement to slide back and forth after the shot. Take it out and just have fun with it. After it settles in you might learn that it doesn't like the pellets it first started with which is normal. I'll pellet guns have their own little quirks about what they like and after you get them broken in they may like a totally different pellet.

Reactions: Gamo1720
Well from everything I've gathered it takes about 350 to 500 rounds to fully break in a new gun whether it's a break barrel or pcp. When you get the gun clean the barrel good and then don't clean it again until it eventually starts shooting crappy. Shooting lead it expels lead after every shot and actually leaves lid behind from the pellet it just shot. I don't know if that makes sense but there's always lead in the barrel in other words. Never ever ever clean a barrel with a barrel brush. That will possibly ruin the barrel. Always cock the barrel fully and never half cock it and then return it to the up position. Never dry fire a springer either if you can help it. And learn how to shoot using the artillery hold which means basically don't give it a death grip on the forearm of the stock it has to have loose movement to slide back and forth after the shot. Take it out and just have fun with it. After it settles in you might learn that it doesn't like the pellets it first started with which is normal. I'll pellet guns have their own little quirks about what they like and after you get them broken in they may like a totally different pellet.
This one gamo took lots of shots to " break in". To the point i almost gave up on it as bad , but i kept plugging away with it never expecting much then like out of the blue one day it went hotting spot on and ended up as good a shooter as my hw.

No clue what happened but it could do 100y in 3" bulls when at first it could not do a 3" group at 50y..lol.

So bteak in was not like 500 shots it eas more like 5000..🤤.

Reactions: Farmplinker2
This one gamo took lots of shots to " break in". To the point i almost gave up on it as bad , but i kept plugging away with it never expecting much then like out of the blue one day it went hotting spot on and ended up as good a shooter as my hw.

No clue what happened but it could do 100y in 3" bulls when at first it could not do a 3" group at 50y..lol.

So bteak in was not like 500 shots it eas more like 5000..🤤.
Wow! That's insane. But I'm glad it finally settled in for you. I'm impressed at the 100yd shooting. I've never tried mine that far. Maybe I will

i finally was able to sight mine in tuesday , at 30 feet it was 3 inches , feet , not yards , everything was tight , just wouldnt settle down , so i remember folks saying the scope they give is trash , so i went to a LVPO i had on a .22 WMR but wanted something with a little more range so i put a SIG 3-12x44 on it , any way swapped it out , leveled it up and got to try it out today , 30 feet first 3 grouped 3/4 inch , low 3 inches but windage was right onn , adjusted elevation , same 3/4 group n the bull , went out to 30 yards , still in the bull 1 inch group , its me and who ever said their trigger was crap wasnt totally wrong , its bad but not unusable ,just stiff , not like it has a mile of creep before the break bad

then i hung a plastic bottle at 75 yards and i was hitting it at will , i am happy so far , reading this thread it sounds like it will get better as it breaks in , but switching to a better scope was night and day , not overly expensive scope either , think it was $150 range , clear and illumnated reticle , i bet if i can get into the trigger and polish a few things it would smooth it p , i may try a shot of CLP first

i thought the triggers were adjustable , Gamo swarm Maxium 10x .177