• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Game farms...Why I get heart burn with them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday Sunday Sunday 

BIG Event!!!

Longfellow vs. Cornpone

Buy Your Tickets Now

Don't Miss It

😉 Didn't we do something like that last week? That resulted in me offering my phone and some guy hiding behind an anonymizing service texting racially degrading insults while intoxicated for about five days. Pretty sure I am not projecting that.

No more for me. I agree with the zealots. If your preferred hunting technique isn't on their approved methods list you just aren't a real hunter like them or their buddies.

This feels like a great way to trim down the ranks of "fellow sportsmen". I wonder if they also have any similar advice/rules for other disciplines? Pesting maybe... You aren't a real pester if you aren't ...

Whatever,. I think I'll go watch the video of Fred Bear on the guided hunt in Alaska where he takes the polar bear. I'll feel much better watching it now that I know the difference between him and a real hunter.

😏

Sunday Sunday Sunday 

BIG Event!!!

Longfellow vs. Cornpone

Buy Your Tickets Now

Don't Miss It

1f609.svg
Didn't we do something like that last week? That resulted in me offering my phone and some guy hiding behind an anonymizing service texting racially degrading insults while intoxicated for about five days. Pretty sure I am not projecting that.

No more for me. I agree with the zealots. If your preferred hunting technique isn't on their approved methods list you just aren't a real hunter like them or their buddies.

This feels like a great way to trim down the ranks of "fellow sportsmen". I wonder if they also have any similar advice/rules for other disciplines? Pesting maybe... You aren't a real pester if you aren't ...

Whatever,. I think I'll go watch the video of Fred Bear on the guided hunt in Alaska where he takes the polar bear. I'll feel much better watching it now that I know the difference between him and a real hunter.

1f60f.svg

Wow! That's a lot to endure I did not know about the phone. Sorry you had to deal with that

Why I am a hunter and why I hunt is summed up on these videos and the conditions they were filmed in.

https://youtu.be/fL3gCr2Jr0U

https://youtu.be/JhLkPxIINW0

Seen both of them. I guess your right. If you are too old to hump a 200 pound Chamois a couple miles down a mountain you just aren't a real hunter. If you can't spend $30k renting planes, GUIDES, and paying other expenses to hunt game WHICH PROBABLY HAS NEVER SEEN A MAN IN ITS LIFE AND SO WILL STAND THERE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF IT SHOULD RUN WHILE YOU TAKE YOUR SHOT... You just aren't a real hunter.

Sunday Sunday Sunday 

BIG Event!!!

Longfellow vs. Cornpone

Buy Your Tickets Now

Don't Miss It

1f609.svg
Didn't we do something like that last week? That resulted in me offering my phone and some guy hiding behind an anonymizing service texting racially degrading insults while intoxicated for about five days. Pretty sure I am not projecting that.

Wow! That's a lot to endure I did not know about the phone. Sorry you had to deal with that

Meh. Nothing really. Just noise.

33w1p

"You're really ... quite emotional, aren't you?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2hkw-qYEWQ

Probably one of the best lines in the movie: "I owe you an apology, Colonel. I always thought that you were a cold, unimaginative, tight lipped officer. But you're really ... quite emotional. Aren't you?

'Texas DOW for deer range' demonstrated you don't know what you're talking about, did it not? Where's the documentation for your 'IIRC' story of the 5 hunters? (If it happened, its documented.)

Cool story. Cool pics too. Makes me wonder which taxidermy website they came from. Neither of which have anything to do w/ why you're asking baited (please excuse the pun), anti-hunting questions at a hunting forum.

If I'm emotional then you're hysterical. I asked two simple questions and you still can't give a straight answer.

Not exactly anti hunting questions either. Posted two mounts, one with my desk, two boxes of envelopes along with a pack of tape and the lake in the background and you claim it's from a taxidermy shop. Good eye there Sherlock. Posted my Hunter Safety Cert with the IBEP showing, which by the way is the International Bowhunter Education Program. Which in my opinion is a huge waste, our regular hunting safety classes covered it.

Let's start with the Texas DoW range you put up. You do know deer range generally at a square mile over the majority of the US don't you? Just taking the figures from Texas DoW isn't conclusive of their range.

Did you know they range depending on basically food, cover and water? How about Louisiana, Pennsylvania, and Maryland where GPS studies found some deer range over a territory of roughly 270 to 560 acres? That's less than a square mile. Food and how near to cover deer are a big factor in their travels.

As for the documentation of the hunters in an enclosed area with 5 bucks, I think it was done at the Cusino Wildlife research area back in the 1950's. Still looking to find the report.

CusinoWildlifeResearchStation.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.