" Game Changer "

Nice gun, fo-sho!

Not a game-changer. A bottle is just a bottle.
For It's time Back in 1990... This was ahead of it time...
Good Trigger, Accurate, Power, and EZ to maintain!!!!!
With the bottle back then... You could switch them out....
No Heavy Metal scuba tank to haul around!!

OK what is this gun sitting on ?
That is my LoneStar Precision Rifle Rest System!!!

Reactions: beerthief
The Game Changer in the Hunting PCP World was the Theoben Rapid!!
This was the first Bottle fed PCP..
It was Accurate, Powerful, and a large shot count!!!
dr-bob1.jpg
^^^this^^^^

Administration, you can lock this thread now👍

Bb

• Haha
Reactions: Firewalker
copied this image and the lettering blurred cannot find on google either
Are you searching for my LoneStar Rifle Rest??
They have long retired it... Too Expensive.....
You can find one once in a while for sale in Gun classifieds
The company's focus also moved to Tactical High Power long range Tripod rest system..
aka Lone Star Field Products....

Reactions: beerthief
The term game changer gets thrown around so often that frankly gets a bit annoing.

What do you think the real game changers where/are ?

I'll take a stab at this :

the first Daystate electronic guns ?...they sure could qualify as game changers but really did not create a run into make similar gun in the industry so really the game was not changed, right ?

The Impact ?....They sure came out with something different and looking at today's line ups there is a ton of companies following both the looks and features, so in my opinion the Impact was indeed a game changer,....in my opinion.

Huben ?....Well they came out with something radically different and even if not many some companies copied the idea a couple did,....then the Pistol came out and that is a legit game changer.

Can't think of any others, what are your picks ?
Your picks are great, and could be considered not only game-changing, but just-about-revolutionary (maybe more evolutionary <grin>). With far less "snazziness" in the differences, but a fairly big deal to me, I think the new Omnia ZRS from Norica could be considered a "game-changer." Personally, I have never really liked spring or air-piston break-barrels, due to all the (to me) outright weird and unnecessary movin,' shakin' and kickin' they produce! Far too much trouble to easily hit anything with the type and less than utilitarian (again, to me) and besides, I've always had something of a hard time even wrapping my head around the basic idea of an AIR-rifle that kicks! ;-)

Anyway, although it's been tried before, I think Norica now has nailed it with their new Omnia ZRS. ZRS meaning Zero Recoil System, of course, and it really is ... ZERO recoil! When I pull the trigger, there is absolutely no, as in zero, bouncing around or kick of any kind the shooter will experience with the 'new' type! Once the technology matures (maybe "IF" the tech matures would be more appropriate), I think it could have a pretty significant impact (sorry!) on airgun sales. It's just as difficult to cock as any other high-powered breaker, but amazingly, it really doesn't wiggle, jiggle or kick (nothing the shooter can discern, anyway), it's very accurate using the same second-nature shooting techniques that work with just about any other rifle ever made, and it has changed me from a total "nossir, I don't like it!" airgun hobbyist into one that now can see break-barrels becoming useful and utilitarian additions to my collection! That's just me, of course, so whether it actually turns out to be a game changer? We'll have to wait and see, but it's certainly changed how I think about such airguns. Maybe the future really will be so bright I gotta wear shades! :)

Your picks are great, and could be considered not only game-changing, but just-about-revolutionary (maybe more evolutionary <grin>). With far less "snazziness" in the differences, but a fairly big deal to me, I think the new Omnia ZRS from Norica could be considered a "game-changer." Personally, I have never really liked spring or air-piston break-barrels, due to all the (to me) outright weird and unnecessary movin,' shakin' and kickin' they produce! Far too much trouble to easily hit anything with the type and less than utilitarian (again, to me) and besides, I've always had something of a hard time even wrapping my head around the basic idea of an AIR-rifle that kicks! ;-)

Anyway, although it's been tried before, I think Norica now has nailed it with their new Omnia ZRS. ZRS meaning Zero Recoil System, of course, and it really is ... ZERO recoil! When I pull the trigger, there is absolutely no, as in zero, bouncing around or kick of any kind the shooter will experience with the 'new' type! Once the technology matures (maybe "IF" the tech matures would be more appropriate), I think it could have a pretty significant impact (sorry!) on airgun sales. It's just as difficult to cock as any other high-powered breaker, but amazingly, it really doesn't wiggle, jiggle or kick (nothing the shooter can discern, anyway), it's very accurate using the same second-nature shooting techniques that work with just about any other rifle ever made, and it has changed me from a total "nossir, I don't like it!" airgun hobbyist into one that now can see break-barrels becoming useful and utilitarian additions to my collection! That's just me, of course, so whether it actually turns out to be a game changer? We'll have to wait and see, but it's certainly changed how I think about such airguns. Maybe the future really will be so bright I gotta wear shades! :)
I don't agree this is just an advancement in the same old technology , not totally new idea . in my opinion "Game Changer " would something brand new , totally new concept. I also agree the the words game changer are to far over used to mean anything in todays market.

Reactions: houston
    • Chinese air rifles and pistols are often more affordable than their European or American counterparts.
    • This affordability has widened access to airguns for enthusiasts, beginners, and those on a budget.
    • As a result, more people can participate in shooting sports and hunting without breaking the bank.
  1. Mass Production and Innovation:
  2. PCP Technology:
    • Chinese companies have embraced pre-charged pneumatic (PCP) airguns.
    • The Norinco PR900W PCP rifle and the Norinco M11 PCP-rifle are examples of their PCP offerings.
    • These rifles offer consistent accuracy, high shot counts, and ease of use.
  3. CO2 Pistols:
    • Chinese manufacturers produce CO2-powered pistols like the CP1-M CO2 pistol.
    • These pistols are reliable, fun to shoot, and suitable for plinking and target practice.
  4. Variety and Customization:
    • Chinese airgun manufacturers offer a wide range of models, from springers to PCPs.
    • Shooters can find everything from entry-level airguns to high-performance rifles.
    • Additionally, the availability of aftermarket parts allows for customization and upgrades.
  5. Global Influence:
    • Chinese airguns have global reach. They’re not only popular in China but also exported worldwide.
    • Their presence has influenced the airgun market, encouraging other manufacturers to innovate and compete.
  6. Challenges and Quality Control:
    • While Chinese airguns have made strides, some models may still face quality control issues.
    • Shooters need to research and choose reputable brands.
    • However, the overall trend is toward improved quality.
In summary, Chinese airguns have disrupted the industry by making airguns more accessible, introducing innovative designs, and offering a diverse range of options. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced shooter, Chinese airguns have left their mark on the airgun landscape. In my eyes,, Thats a game changer!!!

Reactions: WoodWelder
I'd have to say that the mil-dot reticle was a game changer for me. That and other advances made in optics since the eighties.

Being able to measure a target, then calculate range with appropriate hold-over is pretty big in my book.

Cheers,

J~
Optics in general have improved radically over the past 40 years. The mil-dot is a huge improvement, but so is the range of focal adjustment. There are scopes out there now with a 10x range. Christmas tree reticles, illuminated reticles, 30mm and 34mm tubes, target turrets, zero stops, FFP and SFP, the list just goes on and on. Also the quality of mounts. I remember trying and failing repeatedly to get the cheap dovetail mounts we had back in the 80's to stay put.

Reactions: Treefrog