• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

G2 Umarex .25 first pellet test.

I finally got around to testing the Umarex Gauntlet 2 .25 cal I got this spring. Had 4 different pellets..
RWS superdome 31 gr.
Benjamin domed 27.8 gr.
Hatsan Vortex Strike 24.7 gr.
H&N Barracuda Hunter Extreme.

that is the order they performed in from worst to first being the Barracuda.
IMG_1096.jpg

Now I have 4 more to test.
from JSB the Hades Diabolo 26.54 gr.
Diabolo Knock Out 33.49 slugs.

and from H&N
Barracud Hunter 27.47 gr
Hornet 22.07 gr.

I'll post results when I get to it.lol

Satchel,
Bought my First Generation Umarex Gauntlet .25 in February 2021. Despite a serious pellet shortage, managed to scrounge up miscellaneous ammo, but nothing the Gauntlet liked, so I set it aside. In November 2021, Zan's Projectiles started offering JSB .25 pellets at good prices, as long as you purchased enough to spread out the steep shipping charges. I stocked up on the Exact King Heavy (33.95 grain) and the Exact King .25 (25.39 grain). Other than a good barrel cleaning and replacing the "cigar style" internals with the four-baffle sound deadening system, the Gauntlet was stock. Trying the JSBs revealed while she liked the 25.39 grains, it was hole-in-hole at 50 yards with the 33.95s. A chrono check revealed FPS @ 738.9, Standard Deviation of 7.62, ES @ 24.9 and an FPE of 41.2. Don't be shocked if your G2 doesn't pull a similar surprise. WM

Reactions: Satchel
Silvershooter,
Perfect example of performance upgrade between Generation One and Two Gauntlet .25s. Was considering an upgrade but gun was too heavy and long for comfortable all-day hunts, so just replaced with FX Wildcat MK3 .30 Sniper. Still, I'm very glad to own it and the $310 price tag was no budget buster. Just goes to show, find the right pellet and those "entry-level" PCPs can shoot like the big boys. WM