Fxlmpact mk2 will not release air! Any ideas?

Fxlmpact mk2 two months old will cock but when I pull the trigger the hammer releases like normal but no air will release. Note that the regulator and bottle have air! I have shot 3500-5500 pellets and slugs through the gun since I got the gun, I had got the gun to shoot the.25 36.2 nsa slugs great. I had just got the 75yd target set up 40 shots into my group then I pulled the trigger the hammer struck but no air released from the regulator? Any ideas thanks 

Most likely the C3 bumper has broken apart and is binding something. Unscrew the bottle and regulator pressure gauge. Then remove the valve stop and pull the rod forward to inspect. You can watch the masterclass videos on youtube if necessary. https://www.youtube.com/user/FXAirguns/videos

Replace the C3 bumper with a 2mm thick delrin washer.

Unless the plenum pressure has gone ungodly high (enough to produce valve lock), you will probably have to degas the gun (remove bottle, turn up reg pressure slightly CCW until you hear a hiss), then disassemble the valve rod assembly and inspect. See online videos. C3 bumper could be mangled up and inhibiting the valve rod movement, among other possibilities.

*Looks like I was typing this at the same time Heavy-impact was responding. Almost a duplicate post! *

Hey guys, I just unscrewed the adjustment and removed the adjuster body the ball and oring are fine but there was a lot of lead particles? At this point I think it’s best to send in to fx after the storm. Why the lead particles inside the valve?

Lead particles are normal in the valve area and plenum. It's the little scraps that are stuck to your pellets when you load them. Have you looked to see if the barrel is open?

Shipping it back should be your last resort. Most companies pays the shipping fee back to you. But you pay the shipping fee to ship it to them. Shipping ain't cheap. I've shipped items about the size of the impact case and it's like $100. And you be out of your impact for weeks, even months before you get it back. I would check the barrel for jam pellets. Check the c3 stopper and replace it. Check over pressure in the reg. Like lower reg pressure and see it helps. Also check hammer to see if something is preventing it from hitting the valve. Yes you will have to tear the gun apart but there are tons of videos out there. 

Reactions: Glem.Chally
The barrel was clear, and that happened before when I let a friend shoot it he loaded 4 pellets by mistake. That’s the first thing I look at when this happened. Also I do wonder if I should dig into this myself, i do shoot a lot because I’m retired and in my backyard I can shoot out to 125yds. And if I walk out to my 50yd target I can shoot several hundred yds both left and right in the power line cut. But with age my eyes are not the same as they were 2,5,10 years ago and myself confidents is lacking also. Thanks guys!

The best way to learn your gun is to tear it apart, just do it! It can be a little scary the first time but it’s not difficult and you won’t ruin anything. It’s probably an easy fix but if you do get in over your head or can’t find the problem, then send it back to FX. I sent mine back about a month ago and they had it fixed in 3 days. The newest guns get priority so you’ll mainly be waiting on transit times. Either way, good luck!

Stoti

8thman, before you send it back for service, check out the YouTube video by Ernest Rowe called "FX Impact Hammer Spring Replacement"... it's only 8 minutes long and shows you how far into the valve assembly you will need to go to inspect and possibly replace the C3 bumper. It's fairly straightforward mechanically, and you can make an informed decision as to whether you want to deal with fixing it yourself or not. Once you un-screw the black cylindrical housing that contains the valve stop adjuster (which you have already inspected), you can briefly pull out the valve rod (you will be pulling against the valve spring tension to do so) and check the C3 bumper o-ring for damage without much effort. If that o-ring looks fine, you probably have another issue and may decide to send it in for service. The bumper would have to be pretty mangled to stop the rifle from firing, so it will be obvious.

Shipping it back should be your last resort. Most companies pays the shipping fee back to you. But you pay the shipping fee to ship it to them. Shipping ain't cheap. I've shipped items about the size of the impact case and it's like $100. And you be out of your impact for weeks, even months before you get it back. I would check the barrel for jam pellets. Check the c3 stopper and replace it. Check over pressure in the reg. Like lower reg pressure and see it helps. Also check hammer to see if something is preventing it from hitting the valve. Yes you will have to tear the gun apart but there are tons of videos out there.

When you ship your gun to FX USA you do not send the barrel, bottle, magazine and rubber butt pad unless those items need work.

Please understand that was the first time I went into the two month old gun! However I was confused first by the lead, but after watching the masterclass video and looking at the fxlmpact mk2 detailed parts list then it was clear. This was originally why I asked for help first before I did anything that I would regret. And now I know much more thanks again to all.