FX wireless chronograph does not show reading or sound.

I just received a new FX wireless chronograph today from Utah Airguns. After I downloaded the app (FX radar) and paired it with my iphone 11, I tried to shoot some shots off my FX impact MK2 but the app didn't show any reading or sound. The target was 2 feet away from my barrel. What did I do wrong here anyone knows?.Thanks.

A couple of things to check. 

i have the FX bracket and place mine directly under my LDC or barrel, about 2-4” back from end of muzzle. I use two rubber bands to secure the FX Radar to the barrel/LDC. Make sure your blinking “connect” light on your phone when pressed with your finger displays “connected” on your phone. The iPhone app will show it as “connected” when working properly. 

Also, once the above steps are followed/working, your target might be too close to your FX Radar. Try moving target back 10 feet and see if that resolves. 

Let us know your set up and please describe in some detail.

Tom 

Also check the settings it has different settings for speed . If your ser up for the slower or faster than your shooting bracket it won't read it . Go into the settings screen and make sure your in the right area for what your shooting. 

Hope this helps 

Dan 

Screenshot_20210215-083833.1613396330.png

I was kinda thinking the same thing as john8. Is it pointing in the right direction? I've powered it up and pointed it the wrong way, it happens. You should be okay with a target 2 feet away as I've read it reads the speed in the first foot.

Positioning of the chrono is also important. Try to get the chrono about 1" below and 3" behind the muzzle. I've found I don't get readings all the time if I have the muzzle to close. 

These guys have given most of the advice o can think of, so I’ll offer some preemptive sound advice for once you get it reading the pellets (as there is no sound until then).

Be sure to make sure your iPhone mute switch isn’t turned on when you get it working. Many of us have tried to figure out why there was no sound when it is working and that is why.

Also check the settings it has different settings for speed . If your ser up for the slower or faster than your shooting bracket it won't read it . Go into the settings screen and make sure your in the right area for what your shooting. 

Hope this helps 

Dan 

Screenshot_20210215-083833.1613396330.png

The FX software I have looks different than yours. Are you using an Android? I am using the Iphone app. The FX radar software leaves a lot to be desired. I have no option to turn off Auto Reconnect (wish I did), and cannot delete profiles I've created. It says to swipe to do so, shows a delete button, and then says it can't be deleted.

Yes, this display is from an Android phone. It is the Profile Settings page for the specific gun you are currently using. You select these settings individually for each gun profile you create. That makes it easy to keep velocities, pellet weight, etc. for each gun separately.

You cannot delete the default profiles that come with the software, only the ones you create. At least this is the case with Android.

Hope this helps.

I've had the voice on mine go out for no reason I could find. I had to delete the app, re-download it and turn off and restart my Iphone.

It's a feature of ....the iPhone. Sometimes you just have to give it a nice fresh start.

I want to really thank all of you on AGN, I get some very good advice, especially from those of you that read the manuals, my man card won't let me, I have a wife for that. 🤣 Ok, not 100% true, I read the manual on my Zbroia Sapsan, Luckily it's the shortest manual I've ever seen and no pictures.

Using FX app for iOS and apple iphone 13:

Does anyone know how to turn off the secondary readings ? I only want it to announce the FPS after a shot and not the Ft-Lbs after as well. I've tried setting both first and secondary readings to FPS but then it just repeats the FPS again. I see other Youtubers only getting the first reading which is normally set to FPS.
Mine always then always announces the secondary reading after. Just want to switch off the secondary reading annoucement.

Thank you in advance
Tap the speaker icon next to the secondary reading

Reactions: dhump1