• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx wildcats in classifieds

I've noticed a trend in the classifieds regarding higher than normal volumes of one particular item, and it often is due to a WTB ad. In this instance, a user have may posted a WTB for a wildcat in the past couple weeks, and this may have reminded a bunch of people that they had one as a safe queen they were willing to sell causing them to message the buyer. If the WTB buyer didn't buy theirs (because the buyer only wanted one, and not 10 of them), they then just post it to the classifieds.

Not saying that is the case here, but I have definitely seen that happen many times with other items.

For my personal situation, I've been casually trying to move my .22 wildcat mkI for a few months. I posted it and took it down after an especially frustrating encounter with a low-baller that just killed my motivation for dealing with this [he kept me on the phone for 30 minutes asking questions about my knowledge of air rifles- then finally told me it wasn't worth more than $450 and then got all heated with me when I said no].

My rationale is that I impulse bought an MKIII in a different caliber, but with a price of a caliber change kit being reasonable- and the superior liner a clear upgrade over smooth twist, it makes sense to recover some of the cost and because I'm not a collector at the moment [yay divorce----- can ya believe it! A charming guy like me?!]

It's worth mentioning that some of the better deals you see on wildcats are ones that have been through several owners. Third, forth and fifth times going through the mail and someone's hands, who may have messed with the settings, internals, or just beat it up.

For my personal situation, I've been casually trying to move my .22 wildcat mkI for a few months. I posted it and took it down after an especially frustrating encounter with a low-baller that just killed my motivation for dealing with this [he kept me on the phone for 30 minutes asking questions about my knowledge of air rifles- then finally told me it wasn't worth more than $450 and then got all heated with me when I said no].

My rationale is that I impulse bought an MKIII in a different caliber, but with a price of a caliber change kit being reasonable- and the superior liner a clear upgrade over smooth twist, it makes sense to recover some of the cost and because I'm not a collector at the moment [yay divorce----- can ya believe it! A charming guy like me?!]

It's worth mentioning that some of the better deals you see on wildcats are ones that have been through several owners. Third, forth and fifth times going through the mail and someone's hands, who may have messed with the settings, internals, or just beat it up.

goodoldbvc,

dont sell it then. to some, if in good shape, it is worth twice that. $450! 😂.

Yep ... still got my old MK1 in .25 cal and it ain't for sale. Had it three years and only had to replace one o-ring ... never messed with the settings. Shoots GREAT!!!!! That means it's a keeper ... to heck with keeping up with the joneses. Only thing I wish was different is the narrowness of the slot for inserting the magazine, makes it a little hard to clean with a patchworm or replace the breech o-ring ... but it can be done.

Shalom

John

DSCN1244.1603654758.JPG

Yep ... still got my old MK1 in .25 cal and it ain't for sale. Had it three years and only had to replace one o-ring ... never messed with the settings. Shoots GREAT!!!!! That means it's a keeper ... to heck with keeping up with the joneses. Only thing I wish was different is the narrowness of the slot for inserting the magazine, makes it a little hard to clean with a patchworm or replace the breech o-ring ... but it can be done.

Shalom

John

DSCN1244.1603654758.JPG

Good lookin gun!

Shalom

John

DSCN1244.1603654758.JPG

Me likey!