• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat working pressure

my .177 WC is setup to shoot at 19fpe and the reg pressure is around 110. I don't trust that number as I don't trust the gauge. But a true 140 is high for a .177, maybe even a .22. I will say that mine came shooting at like 25 fpe and I was lucky to hit a 2" target at 30y. When I turned it down (which is an exercise in frustration with the pre 'amp' reg) I doubled the shot count, it got much quieter, less wasted air, and I can shoot 1" at 55y with JSB 10gr when the wind is calm. I went through 3 .177's WC's before I found one that shot well (all pre AMP, pre STX).

I have Huma reg waiting to install but my settings are holding so I'm not touching it. I have a better gauge to check pressures with now but it might be a while.

With my WC MK2 I decided I would keep it forever soeeee I ordered a couple of GOOD gauges. One for the front and one for the bleed screw hole. Modified the stock so I leave the one in the bleed screw hole and with the amp reg it is simple to adjust and KNOW what I am setting it at. I also got tired of taking the stock off to change the hst so I also modified the stock just a little behind the hst screw so I can get to it with a ball head allen wrench. For my money the bleed screw should have a gauge from the factory and the little I had to take off the back for the hst should also be standard. Much more functional now and looks professional. I have a Huma in my P-rod and it helped that gun a lot. Was looking at a Huma for the WC but don't want to give up the adjustability of the amp.Â