Fx wildcat vs bobcat mk2 vs cricket all in 25 cal.

I can only speak from my experience guys. I can surly tell you that I have had a verminator extreme in .25 which still uses the royale block. The wild cat from what I hear should do rather well but till someone gets it in there hands and does an honest review,,,well we just don't know. I have a cricket and I love it. To me And only me, it's by far the best bang for the buck. I don't like that fx isn't really a "user friendly" as far as tearing it down and putting back together. However, I really never had the need to, from the day I got it till the day I sold it, it shot very accurately with JSB exact. And let's not forget the arrow side of things. It too was amazing. I had to stop shooting arrows at the same target more that once. But I found that "MY SMOOTH TWIST BARREL" didn't really like any other pellets. The best I got, out of other pellets was around 5/8" groups out at 50 yds. So now for my cricket, I have it set up for day and night time shooting, it is by far the most accurate gun I own. Again with jsb's I can get a ragged hole about 1/4" to 3/8 " ctc. Pretty consistently at 50 yds. And with all the video's out there. Made it pretty easy to work on. But again there are a few things I would like to see changed. I wish it would have came with a high and low setting. The weight of the gun is little heavy especially after you deck it out. The magazine system really takes some getting use too. But nothing to bad. I think the best part of the gun has to be the barrel and accuracy,,,,And it is that! For sure.....it really comes down to personal preference guys. I think all top dollar air guns are going to give you something to like and something to dislike, for this is what makes us human. If I could combine a little of each one I think I would have the ultimate air gun. Best guys, Steve S.

I agree with Steve's input on the Cricket. I recently got my mine. I was torn between that and and FX Bobcat in .25. Now we have the Wildcat coming along. I like the Cricket, but it is a bit heavy for carry. Accuracy is definitely there, and that was a must. I agree with Steve it was the best bang for the $. I do wish the cocking lever was further forward. I must admit that I also have my eye on the Impact in .30 cal for long range shooting and lighter carry. 
Buy the way Steve, have you chronograph-ed your cricket? just curious what speed is giving you those results....I have managed to get 0.6" at 50 yds.

P shooter, I was in your shoes just several months ago. There are so many choices, which one do you choose. I, like you (and many other), am obscessed with the bull pups. Talking to many of the dealers themselves,however, they suggested that I first choose a standard rifle to get used to rifle shooting first. I also was purchasing for my son as well. So I was looking at 2 guns, 2 scopes, a tank, and possibly a compressor. I didn't even know if I would like shooting! So if you are new to the shooting sports, I might suggest to start out small before you jump in. We first purchased a packaged .22 marauder/ Hawke scope deal from Airgun depot. It is a very accurate gun/scope for an entry levlel price, and if I didn't like the sport I was only out $600. I choose the .22 caliber because the increased number of shots (and Ted wasn't hoarding crossman dome pellets) and the availability of crossman pellets. I could get them at Walmart or Sportsman's Wherehouse. You could purchase a used rifle for less. Once we got the maurader I soon bought the .22 Cricket Carbine w/ an Aeon scope. I am a lefty and didn't like the side-lever digging into me with the bull pup. Due to cost and excellent reviews, I chose the Aeon scope. I figured my next gun would be a Bullpup in .25 ( now that the lever is forward) and the Hawke Sidewinder scope for hunting once I felt confident in my shooting ability. I have never been a collector of guns………… until now. I am interested in the AA 510 carbine, the Wildcat, Verminator Extreme, The Vulcan, Sumatra, Daystate- choose one, and the Brococks! If I buy 2 guns a year for the next 10 years well then………………..

FYI- many of the FX guns require a lot of "add-on" to make it "perfect" and that is why many are excited about the Wildcat, it needs none. This is why many have chose to buy the Cricket bull pup over the Bobcat in the past several years, again, no additional purchases. If you check the results of the last AOA benchrest you will see a wide range of guns that did well, even a Marauder. Fx guns are still the most predominant in the top ten for all categories.
Hope this helps
"Doc" Harper
aka NM Shooter

I actuallly like the side lever on the right side; I never have to take my eye off the target to reshoot. I have been going through a lot of pellets that way!!!!! Thinking about shooting the multi-target time shoot at the AOA benchrest this fall (don't remember what they actually call it).
Thanks for reminding me about the Pulsar; all of the Daystate guns are sweet looking. I know it's just a standard rifle, but I reallylike the look and am trying to figure out how I can add the Regal and a bullpup to my new collection. The Pulsar is truly a masterpiece! ……………...Now I'm all screwed up again; thought I had my mind set on the .25 Wildcat!!!!!

Best of Luck Pshooter. You will have to let us know what gun and scope you finally settle on.

I too was torn in this exact decision 
i ended up pre ordering the WC these were the factors that's pushed WC for me the side cocking lever and middle placement of gun rather than the (my opinion) awkward on bp rear lever the fact it was all ready shrouded and regulated and the weight was is a major factor I hunt pest with it so weight is important WC won that I'm be one of the first to get and my friend is debating on WC or cricket I think he leaning on cricket so we can have a shoot off on camera for u guys hope in few wks 

Philip,

The FX Wildcat doesn't have rails for mounting a bipod. This may change as the rifle hasn't has yet to be released but I wouldn't count on it.

As for scope mounts, your options are wide open. With no magazine in the way, your options are wide open. However, if you have a scope with a 60" bell, you'll probably need high mounts. Personally, I like to keep my scopes as low as possible.

Note: From the pictures on AOA, the Wildcat looks to be sporting the FX No Limit mounts which are on the high side.

Of course we are all speculating on what the Wildcat will be exactly and what it will produce. From The reported specs, it seems the Wildcat will have a smallish magazine. Something like 8 shots in .22 and 6 shots in .25. That's a little bit of a turnoff for me. The Bobcat is a great, proven platform. A little heavy but balanced well. The Cricket is also a proven platform that is a strong option. The Cricket is the winner out of the three based on the total package and pricing comparison. For me personally though, I'm a southpaw, although not mentioned by the OP, the Vulcan with it's forward bolt action is most appealing. It's got a nice size mag and the bolt is reversible either left or right side. The early reports are very nice and all seems very desirable. I like the Taipan Mutant also. Although the side-lever is not forward, it is reversible too. Reports on the mutants performance are really good too. Anyway, you guys have fun making up your mind with these pups. I have to see if I can scrounge up some funds. 

Hey Mike, at the moment it's shooting around 920fps I turned it down and sorta gave up trying to get this to a 80 ft lbs. gun. I think I'm going to stick with 60 fts lbs and use it on game that's 50 lbs in under. I truely love the accuracy out of the barrel I have. It's just amazing how far these guns have come. But that doesn't mean I will only own this one gun. I already put a pre order for the impact in .30 cal with an additional barrel and pellet probe in .25 cal. So we will see. One thing I learned about shooting is all the stars have to be aligned for extreme accuracy. The right pellets, temp, eyes, trigger, hands, and most of all, your mind has to be in the shot. This wildcat I believe is going to be a good field hunting gun for small game. I might even get a .22 in it just for poops and giggles. I'am not a big fan of .22 but I bet my littles ones would surely love to play with it. And I have all girls. My oldest is a fantastic shot. But can't kill anything, she just doesn't have the heart for it. But put a paper target out a 75 yds and she hits tens frequently. Good stuff....best my friend, Steve