• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat Stock with DIY Duplicator Pt.3 - Time Lapse Video

Mark,

Even if you can make your own stylus you might want to go onto Gemini's web site for their choices of bits. I use a large dome ( i want to say it's an inch in diameter) for an intial cut set at a " quarter coin" thickness shy and then I go over it with a flat cylinder set at a credit card thickness for a final cut (sorry, I'm in the medical field and not sure how many thousandth it is, only millimeters). I get closer to the final job with less nicks doing two cuts. I learned this up at Trinidad gunsmith college. I set the inletting right to full length. I have not had to bed my stocks but several I probably should. With a light touch on the router I try to sty "just shy" soI can do the final inletting with chisels and gouges. All my rifles appear to be shooting accurate. My .22 shoots the same as the original stock. I do believe there is an argument to bed for .25 caliber on up because of increase recoil. It is really fun to be able to create your own stock. I'm getting ready to make a laminate for a .177 Falcon that I purchased a year ago. It's a righty stock that I will have to convert to a lefty.

Nice job again and thanks for sharing!

NMshooter,

Ill look at their bits again. Im an avid wiodworker and used to do custom shotgun stocks ($2k+). But that was all by hand. What I like about making the stylus, I have access to hundreds of bits and then my friend makes me 2-3 styluses for each them, one dead on size, another 1/16 and 1/8 over sized. Same concept at your quarter coin, but this gives me the extra in all dimensions. 

As for glass bedding, may or may not be needed, but Ive done all my LRP rifles and have the bedding stuff by the quart, it really makes a nice snug fit. I just bed the action and float the barrel or air tube.

After I get my Wildcats gussied up, I have a Boyd stock on my Marauder Id like to copy and modify.

M