• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat Stock with DIY Duplicator Pt.3 - Time Lapse Video

Anyone following my progress this is project, this is the first Walnut stock I did for my FX Wildcat using the Duplicator I made last month. Its a cheap piece of walnut, but turned out nice. I have three more walnut blanks I will do next, progressively getting better. This stock took about 1:30 - 1:45 to do. I have it sitting in the vice now glass bedding the action. Tomorrow I will start sanding it and hopefully have this one finished by Christmas. Part 4. should be the final post with the hand rubbed oil finish.

Time Lapse Video 

https://youtu.be/N1CZIe_52Rw

1544134740_19043005345c09a0546f10e5.26162350_20181206_143532.jpg

I bought most of the parts locally. Some on ebay, amazon, online, but I have a large steel company near me that has everything. For all the steel, rollers, gears, paint, misc. parts I only have about $450-$500 into it. I had the router already. My buddy made the stylus tips for me on his 3d printer. To put in perspective, a Gemini cost around $5200.

I have two FX Wildcats, one composite and one walnut. I plan on making 4 stocks for them and keep the best two and composite. So when I'm finished, I'll list/trade the factory walnut stock and two I made, but that won't be for a while. 

Mark