• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat service

No Yo, not to worry. I sent mine in once and it was placed on top of a package of panties at the UPS Store that were being returned by the purchaser and the shipping sticker came off the panties and onto my box. A few days later, I got a call from FX asking why I had sent them a box of panties. 

Took a couple of weeks to get the panties unwadded and the indivisual boxes sent to the right places. Now if FX can get something like that straightened out, then I think you need not worry too much. Still ... it wouldn't hurt to give them a call because sometimes they get repair boxes in, place them on a shelf and forget about them. That happened one time with my Impact ... sat there for about a month and nobody noticed it until I gave them a call and asked what the holdup was about. Said they didn't know how that happened, said the person receiving it didn't do any paperwork on it so it sat there unnoticed for a month. Go Figure!!!! Anyway it never hurts to be a little proactive as long as you aren't obnoxious. 

Stay chilly

Shalom

John

I think he believes wimpanzee to be Yo!, as they have the same avatar.

Hah, yeah, I added an orange W to mine, to remember the most entertaining forum member I've had the pleasure of interacting with.

...Still ... it wouldn't hurt to give them a call...

Aye, I was a bit too late getting off work today, and got the after hours voicemail. I'll try again in the morning.

Yep, looks like YO! crossed the line again and got banished. At least for awhile it seems.

Also seems like there is a silent group that kept flagging the guy. I like YO!, thought him entertaining and laughable. Guess that didn't work for some?

mike

Oh okay.

On topic. Yep Wimpanzee, just call them up and ask for a update on the status of your MKIII. Hope you’re happy with the overall outcome!

Talked to FX this morning.

Apparently there is a "new inline change" for the WC MKIII to hit 70fpe, and it is.....drumroll....a new power plenum! The gentleman I talked to said they expect them in a week or so, and they are threaded slightly different than the Dreamline ones (dang, I had a spare one of those!) and with that plenum attached, it will reach the advertised 70fpe.

I assume FX is reading this forum as well. Now that there is uncertainty about the first batch Wildcat MK3 deliveries in terms of advertised power delivery in these rifles I could imagine that a sales or marketing responsible person would say something about the issue in this forum in order to take the sting out of it. 2 members have stated to have received Wildcat MK 3 with no more potential power than previous MK2 version and one of these persons have received a message from FX after having sent in his rifle that the “intended to be there” power plenum is on its way.....

most buyers will probably not test the max 70.1 FPS potential of their newly bought Wildcat rifles in .25 ( nothing known about other kalibers by me ) but it would be nice to know when you buy a Porsche that it could indeed drive faster than a Volkswagen......

Reading through many threads re WC MK3 I have found a comment from FX about the bigger plenum.

”We have created a space for the power plenum in the wildcat Mk 3. A custom mod to add the Ernest Rowe Tube could be possible if desired. 

regards, 

FX Airguns USA”

this means that there is space reserved for a bigger plenum in the MK3 vs MK2 . This makes FX their comment to Wimpanzee a big questionmark to me . 

“The gentleman ( from FX) I talked to said they expect them in a week or so, and they are threaded slightly different than the Dreamline ones (dang, I had a spare one of those!) and with that plenum attached, it will reach the advertised 70fpe.”

this to me is pointing to the external plenum addition and not to the standard IN the MK3 .

In case you use a Dreamline power plenum extension you will find that the connection leaves a fraction of a gap ( ( here is where the slightly different threading come in I assume) and the adjustment hole of the regulator will be obscured hence no adjusting without reassembling .

it works however flawlessly without any leakage..So Wimpanzee your spare can be used with mentioned limitations.

So, 6 weeks in "still waiting on parts" for the nebulous plenum.

FX USA refuses to offer a refund, and tells me the only way to get that is to go through the dealer. Well. I guess I'll just wait however many more weeks its gonna be.

Figures I shouldn't have bothered trying to buy something this year, just turns out like the rest of 2020.

Did you adress the dealer to the issue ? I cannot imagine if a product does not do what is is supposed to,do a refund is nott supported by the law.