• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX Wildcat MKIII

Wednesday I received an FX Wildcat MKIII Sniper from Utah Airguns. Thursday I retired. Yesterday I mounted an Element Optics Helix on it and this morning at 7AM was at the range sighting in. First photo is first two shots at twenty yards. I thought the second shot missed the paper all together but when I walked down I could see the second shot was ever so close to a single hole. I zeroed the scope then moved target to thirty yards. Second photo is 17 rounds through that hole with JSB Diablo 18.13gn. There was a target paster there but the third shot drug it right through the cardboard. Last photo is four rounds at fifty yards.
I do believe I definitely own a shooter. Absolutely pleased with this rifle.
Randy

DC83112D-6689-4A96-BEF4-55BCCE261AAC.jpeg

E2BE9950-D21A-483A-A391-9E2DDFC56E06.jpeg

4D4A3244-2392-4517-B707-52E7D4128226.jpeg

Today I took the Wildcat back to the range. Yesterday I received a set of Vortex high rings so that I had a proper comfortable cheekweld.
Started sighting in at 20 yds then 30, then 40. Picture is two rounds at 40 yds using NSA 24.8 gn slugs. I had to walk down to see if what I was seeing in the scope was true. 50 yds was a little under 1/4” group.
I had cranked up the hammer setting on back of gun one click. That’s the only adjustment just to get a harder hit on the critters.
This rifle is awesome.
Randy

E9B588A7-050A-4533-97A9-5C47E13814EB.jpeg

Reactions: fusion
I've had a .30 Wildcat 600mm for a little over a month. Bought it as a VP as I wanted the 600mm barrel and swapped the aluminum bottle for a 480cc carbon fiber barrel. Mine also wears a Helix (6-24) scope. Mine can shoot the .30 Hades pellets at 92 ft/lbs of energy on P/W #7, but I'm shooting it on PW #5 at 85 ft/lbs. Like yours, mine is scary accurate. I put a target out at 25 yards and fired 4 7 shot groups. The largest group was .280", the smallest was .129".

I've had a .30 Wildcat 600mm for a little over a month. Bought it as a VP as I wanted the 600mm barrel and swapped the aluminum bottle for a 480cc carbon fiber barrel. Mine also wears a Helix (6-24) scope. Mine can shoot the .30 Hades pellets at 92 ft/lbs of energy on P/W #7, but I'm shooting it on PW #5 at 85 ft/lbs. Like yours, mine is scary accurate. I put a target out at 25 yards and fired 4 7 shot groups. The largest group was .280", the smallest was .129".
Had?! You still have that cat, right? The one you bought before RMAC?

TMH, vielen Dank, ich freue mich auf eine ernsthafte Reichweitenzeit.
Mikebeggs, der Wildcat ist der Aluminiumzylinder, nicht die neue Kohlefaserversion.
Ronw828, Gesamtwerks- oder Utah Airguns-Einstellungen. Reg ist 100 bar und der Einsteller ist die Nummer 2 gerade nach oben in der 12-Uhr-Position.
Glückwunsch zum Ruhestand.
Hast du gemessen was du an Joule bekommst bei deiner Einstellung?