FX Wildcat MkIII Plenum upgrade

I’ve seen it stated that there is increased plenum space in the MkIII - can anyone confirm if they’ve stuck a Ernest Rowe type tube in there or done something else to create the space. Is thee any reason why you couldn’t add even more plenum space on top of what’s already in there? I just ordered a 700mm mkIII sniper, so of course I need to be thinking upgrade before it’s even arrived.

Thanks

Isn’t there a point of diminishing return? I would think FX would figure out what the optimum volume would be to match the valve Size, fill pressure, spring weight and so on to get the best overall performance in shot count, with in the best velocities that pellets and slugs like. I really think we are at the limits of what an airgun can achieve with the limit of air pressures , O rings and volume in the bottle. Is it really worth the expense of voiding warranty or screwing up something to get 10 more shots out of a fill or get an extra 20 FPS ? Accuracy is paramount , then shot count then power/ FPS. And FX and a couple other top manufacturers are giving us the best technology and performance as it is developed. I get it wanting more out of my toys, more horse power, more chrome, more velocity, more more more. But as I got older I realized there’s always trade offs for more and it really isn’t always the best result in the end or reliable.

I’ve seen it stated that there is increased plenum space in the MkIII - can anyone confirm if they’ve stuck a Ernest Rowe type tube in there or done something else to create the space. Is thee any reason why you couldn’t add even more plenum space on top of what’s already in there? I just ordered a 700mm mkIII sniper, so of course I need to be thinking upgrade before it’s even arrived.

Thanks

We have created a space for the power plenum in the wildcat Mk 3. A custom mod to add the Ernest Rowe Tube could be possible if desired. 

regards, 

FX Airguns USA

Isn’t there a point of diminishing return? I would think FX would figure out what the optimum volume would be to match the valve Size, fill pressure, spring weight and so on to get the best overall performance in shot count, with in the best velocities that pellets and slugs like. I really think we are at the limits of what an airgun can achieve with the limit of air pressures , O rings and volume in the bottle. Is it really worth the expense of voiding warranty or screwing up something to get 10 more shots out of a fill or get an extra 20 FPS ? Accuracy is paramount , then shot count then power/ FPS. And FX and a couple other top manufacturers are giving us the best technology and performance as it is developed. I get it wanting more out of my toys, more horse power, more chrome, more velocity, more more more. But as I got older I realized there’s always trade offs for more and it really isn’t always the best result in the end or reliable.

AGREE

Thanks

We have created a space for the power plenum in the wildcat Mk 3. A custom mod to add the Ernest Rowe Tube could be possible if desired. 

regards, 

FX Airguns USA

Oh wow so the cat3 as the same power plenum as the impact?