• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx Wildcat MKIII Compact Plenum Compatibility

While I was waiting for my Wildcat Mk3 .25 to arrive, I picked up this 2.5" plenum extension --> https://910airguntuningandrepairsllc.com/collections/ernest-rowe-custom-shop/products/fx-wildcat-fx-streamline-plenum-2-extension I've heard reports that it is incompatible with the latest batch of MK3's as it has an air cylinder extension or something. Before I go digging into my rifle, can anyone confirm this? I've reached out to 910 a few weeks ago and haven't gotten a response. If it's not, I'll be posting it for sale.

If you have a moderator on your MK3 compact that is 1.22" diameter there's no problem. That's the huggett atom/bellita/snipe, the donny tanto. My weihrauch and bsa silencers are also 1.22"

Anything wider and you need a barrel extension so the moderator clears the airtube, so that's the 1.6 inch tatsu/sumo, 2" Ronin. Probably a lot of other brands, too.

Some other stuff I omitted-- mrgrim nailed it 

More to it than the size of moderator you can use with the plenum extension. The cylinder end cap doesn't thread fully into the plenum extension due to a plenum spacer that is incorporated into the end cap of the newer MK3 Wildcats. Also a spacer needs to be inserted between the regulator and the plenum extension to keep the regulator adjustment screw accessible. If you have access to a lathe you can modify the end cap and make regulator spacer so you can use the 2.5 or the 1.2 plenum extensions from 910 airguns. If you don't have a lathe or access to one you are S O L.

Here is the discussion that ladwict mentioned: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/note-not-compatible-with-newer-wildcat-mk3-with-extended-tube-connector/

new endcap.1600116076.jpg

Above is the newer design.

Below is the older end cap for the plenum on previous WC's and apparently only the first X number of MKIII's.

Plenum EndCap-2.1600115968.JPG
Plenum EndCap-3.1600115968.JPG

Hopefully you can look at your WC MKIII and see which type you have.