• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat MKII air leak through pellet probe hole...

I have FX wildcat MKII that had cocking probe price break.

I ordered the new parts got that to work. Went to fill up gun and won’t get above 100bars it leaks air out pellet probe hole...

I didn’t do anything other than fix cocking probe . I used set screw to remove all air from tube prior to fixing cocking probe.

i did have to do a bunch of dry fire to make sure trigger, cocking, safety all working properly.

could the regulator be stuck open due to dry fires?

I’ll tear it down more if i have to but wanted ideas before I do that.

i have watched the master class on YouTube already just didn’t want to tear more apart before I have too.

little frustrated only shot this gun about 80x prior to it breaking . Bought off member here on forum but still 80x and it breaks 🙄

I ordered the new parts got that to work. Went to fill up gun and won’t get above 100bars it leaks air out pellet probe hole...

The leak is prior to the "Pellet Probe and Port Hole"...The leak is ahead of the regulator and the only part there that could be failing is the valve/valve housing components (valve sealing)...THE VALVE IS STAYING OPEN

No, when the regulator stays open it creeps up to the point where it equals the air pressure in the air cylinder of the gun but doesn't leak, and if it did, the leak would be coming from the regulator area to the exterior of the gun.

Download this diagram for your gun from FX site, print it (enlarge it if your printer allows that) and keep it handy, watch assembly and disassembly videos on the Internet so you become familiar with what you will be doing, it is not difficult by any means but it is very easy to make mistakes. Note: Always make sure that you have no air in any sub-system of the gun before disassembling. Download: https://fxairguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/wildcat-MkII.pdf

i have watched the master class on YouTube already just didn’t want to tear more apart before I have too.

You will need to disassembly and check the valve housing/valve sealing just before the transfer port, there is no other way to fix this issue that you have. You want to find out why is the valve not sealing: It could be the valve seal, valve housing where the seal sits, debris in between or something keeping the valve open like the hammer being stuck.

little frustrated only shot this gun about 80x prior to it breaking . Bought off member here on forum but st

ill 80x and it breaks 🙄

Don't be frustrated, guns are nothing but machines very prone to failing, instead of becoming frustrated use that energy and your intuition to understanding how your gun works so you can fix it and give it maintenance and HAVE FUN doing it, this is what is all about!... If your frustrations ever overcome the enjoyment of the hobby/sport, find something else and be happy! 😉

Regards,

AZ

Ok thx!

I have that printed already from fixing the cocking probe.

i wanted to know where to concentrate efforts and from your post looks like valve/valve seat ...

thx!

You are most welcome...Start by checking all what you repaired (cocking probe)...You want to make sure that nothing is preventing the valve from closing/sealing...If you didn't have a leak prior to your fix, the problem is most likely something wrong you did around the cocking probe/trigger area.

Take care,

AZ

1587932009_20609196005ea5eb6970b7c4.60883679.jpeg
Hmm looks ok?? 

coukd it just be speck of dirt causing o-ring failure?

Jpelizza:

Clean the White Delrin valve seal and the seat and check for possible scratches/damage to the base of the Delrin seal...If the Delrin seal is damaged, replace.

Replace ALL of those O-Rings, o-rings are very cheap and while not necessary, it is a good practice to replace them every time you access or remove them...The o-ring in the valve seat will cause a leak as you are describing...If your gun was assembled right after you fixed the previous issue with the cocking probe, then this procedure above will resolve the leak that you have...

Lube your o-rings lightly with silicon grease, silicon oil or Lithium grease.

Let us know how you did...

AZ

Note: Please don't experiment with different size o-rings from ACE, Home Depot, etc., check your schematic and order/buy EXACTLY the size, material and durometer you need...Using/experimenting with o-rings of different specs is the best ticket for leaks.

I have FX wildcat MKII that had cocking probe price break.

I didn’t do anything other than fix cocking probe . I used set screw to remove all air from tube prior to fixing cocking probe.

i did have to do a bunch of dry fire to make sure trigger, cocking, safety all working properly.

little frustrated only shot this gun about 80x prior to it breaking . Bought off member here on forum but still 80x and it breaks 🙄

Hi jpelizza, 

If you are having any technical difficulties please feel free to DM us some personal information like your phone number, name and email and we will have a technician reach back out to you as soon as possible. 

Regards

FX Customer Service Support