• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat MK3 Stock

If it’s the synthetic stock it’s solid plastic with the soft touch coating.

Trust me when I say no wood screws, as they will wallow out in short order and you’ll be left with two holes too big for the original screws you used. Wood screws and plastic don’t mix, anyway.

Get the T- nuts with the teeth on them, countersink those inside the stock, and set them in a bed of JB weld. In the end you’ll be glad you took this route. There’s YT videos on this procedure. For the countersink I used a 3/4” wood paddle bit.

On the pic rail you’ll need to style wiyh the radius’d back side so the fit up is tight onto the wildcats radius’d forearm. If you need links to the t- nuts and pic rail let me know. Ive installed these many times in both the synthetic and laminate wildcat stocks

Reactions: SpiralGroove
If it’s the synthetic stock it’s solid plastic with the soft touch coating.

Trust me when I say no wood screws, as they will wallow out in short order and you’ll be left with two holes too big for the original screws you used. Wood screws and plastic don’t mix, anyway.

Get the T- nuts with the teeth on them, countersink those inside the stock, and set them in a bed of JB weld. In the end you’ll be glad you took this route. There’s YT videos on this procedure. For the countersink I used a 3/4” wood paddle bit.

On the pic rail you’ll need to style wiyh the radius’d back side so the fit up is tight onto the wildcats radius’d forearm. If you need links to the t- nuts and pic rail let me know. Ive installed these many times in both the synthetic and laminate wildcat stocks
Bigragu:
I'm interested in the source / info on a Picatinny rail with a radiused back side. Thanks.
George

The Wildcat stock‘s forearm has an upward can’t to it. I wanted to mount an extended rail under the bottle so I got a 3” picatinny rail and ground the one end off to align the rail level to the bottle. I then had this tactical handle that I mounted to that rail . That gave me another 3” forward in the handle to slide in another 6” picatinny rail on which I mounted my bipod. one tightened The tactical handle touches the bottom of the bottle so it supports the whole set up perfectly. The synthetic stock is like a hard styrofoam and will compress easily if you crank down on any screw you put through it so be careful and don’t put much leverage on the picatinny rail once mounted or it will break the stock.
IMG_2515.jpeg

I used 1in. # 10 wood screws from Home Depot and a cheap picatinny rail. I'm confident in this holding up quite well as I have used smaller screws and they lasted. I drilled a hole slightly smaller than the shaft of the screw and slightly shorter than the length. Then screwed the screws in by hand. A bit of one screw poked through which I simply grinded off. Try to get a rail with large enough holes for the screws so they sit flush;)

IMG_20230714_212004.jpg