• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat MK3 puff of air??

MK3 owners is it normal to feel a puff of air coming from this hole on the FX Wildcat MK3? It’s staying consistent, just wanting to know if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. It also doesn’t matter what the hammer spring tensioner is set to.

1592272832_1909055855ee827c06140d8.10899673.jpeg

Don’t know if that is “normal” but I feel the small puff on every shot also. I doesn’t seem to affect performance. So, I sort of stopped worrying about it. Interesting that you brought it up though, figure it is a small amount of HP air slipping past the tiny o-ring on the valve pin on each shot. Out of curiosity I may try to put a tiny strip of thin tape over both sides of the hole on mine and see if I can still feel the puff. It wouldn’t be visible when the stock is on and if it works, I may just leave the tape there. Almost at a month of ownership and it hasn’t caused any problems, except being a bit annoying. Feels like it blows a small puff of air right on my eyeball when my cheeks on the cheek rest. My WC MKII didn’t do this.

Don’t know if that is “normal” but I feel the small puff on every shot also. I doesn’t seem to affect performance. So, I sort of stopped worrying about it. Interesting that you brought it up though, figure it is a small amount of HP air slipping past the tiny o-ring on the valve pin on each shot. Out of curiosity I may try to put a tiny strip of thin tape over both sides of the hole on mine and see if I can still feel the puff. It wouldn’t be visible when the stock is on and if it works, I may just leave the tape there. Almost at a month of ownership and it hasn’t caused any problems, except being a bit annoying. Feels like it blows a small puff of air right on my eyeball when my cheeks on the cheek rest. My WC MKII didn’t do this.

Yes this is very interesting I am surprised I’m the first person to even bring it up… I just figured I couldn’t be the only one experiencing this. I put one whole magazine through this and it was very consistent. Only about a 10 ft./s ES. I figure if it was a bad O-ring it would be very inconsistent like other rifles that I own. I guess I won’t worry about it either. I sure hope FX will chime in on this and put everybody’s mind at ease. Thanks for the fast response I can sleep better tonight.

Air gun blowing air right on the eyeball. Sounds very innovative.

Here is the official word from FX:

We are sorry to hear that you are having this issue. There is an oring on the tip of the valve pin that is a 1.5 x 1 oring, that prevents air from escaping from where you are describing as the rifle fires. Our technicians have informed me that this is not a common issue that we have heard of and that replacing this oring involves disassembling 70% of the rifle. They recommend sending it in for the work if you do not feel comfortable in doing the replacement yourself.