• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX Wildcat MK3 - for the left handed shooter

Hi all,

Last Wildcat that I was shooting was MK1 and with it's small revolver magazine it wasn't too big of a problem for me as a left hand shooter

I really like MK3 version and I would like to get one, but, unfortunately I can't try it anywhere first (living in a SE Europe is a real PIA for airgun shooters)

Are there any left handed shooters out there who use Wildcat MK3?

How do you get around that big magazine sticking out of the breech?

I can even 3D print a new cheek rest which will have that round part on the right side of the breech and that could help a little but these magazines are really big

I know that cocking lever can be moved to the left side but I really don't mind it on the right, but that magazine is really in the way.

Is there maybe a magazine for the left side loading?

Thanks!

Regards,

Walt 

inverted -

The cocking lever is in an ideal location (right side) in its current location for a left handed shooter !

You do not have to remove your trigger hand from the grip/trigger..! This is a very good thing. Why move the main connection from the gun to cock it ? You just remove your...support...hand to cock the gun. A MUCH better manipulation of your hands.

I wish I could move the cocking lever to the left side, as I am a right handed shooter on my Wildcat III and my Maverick.

Mike

inverted -

The cocking lever is in an ideal location (right side) in its current location for a left handed shooter !

You do not have to remove your trigger hand from the grip/trigger..! This is a very good thing. Why move the main connection from the gun to cock it ? You just remove your...support...hand to cock the gun. A MUCH better manipulation of your hands.

I wish I could move the cocking lever to the left side, as I am a right handed shooter on my Wildcat III and my Maverick.

Mike

As I said, I don't mind cocking lever on the right. I had few air rifles with cocking lever on the right and never moved it to the left side. It just works for me on the right without any issues so never had any reasons to move it

Thanks for that one!

As far as I know (of course, I could be wrong, I don't have much experience with FX), Wildcat MK3 and Maverick use same stock magazines. So if it could be changed on Maverick, I should be able to do it on Wildcat MK3.

Are there any pins, bars, bridges connecting forward and back of the breech on Wildcat MK3 that would prevent loading a magazine from the left?

Thanks!

Regards, 

Walt