FX wildcat mk3 bt vs taipan veteran 2 compact

I have the Wildcat bt, I bought the VP version and put a carbon bottle on it. I also own the original veteran shorty. The wildcat had creeping issues and had to be shipped back. It’s fixed now and shoots good but has poi issues. The veteran has never given me a problem at all. I don’t have any experience with the vet II but I’m confident it follows it’s predecessors in build quality. If I were you I’d get the taipan, the only drawback is the weight. You’ve probably heard it said that they are built line a tank, not so much for the FX.

I have a FX Wildcat Mk3 BT Compact in 0.22 calibre, and a Taipan Veteran (original / 1) in 0.177 calibre. Wildcat is more powerful. Mine is tuned to shoot slugs. The Veteran is tuned to shoot Hades pellets. They are equally accurate. The Wildcat is more adjustable and more finicky. The Veteran just plain works. Never goes out of tune, never changes point of impact. Even if it sits loaded overnight the first shot is on "zero".

Reactions: scubajeeper
Have Wildcat MK3 Sniper .30 (tube style) and two original Taipan Veterans (Long .25, Standard .22.) All three are accurate, but, like gfmiller, Taipan Veterans just plain work, no POI changes nor lost tunes. Instill complete confidence, never worry about accuracy even if bumped into a tree branch. Always use extra care with FX, not sure same bump wouldn't affect. WM