• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat MK3 BT - Exploded Diagram?

My lady's Wildcat arrived yesterday and sprung a leak while we were out to dinner. Just before bed I thought that I'd check the bottle pressure only to find it had last @ 50% of its fill in about 2 hours. I picked it up and could hear a slight hiss near the bottle connection. Instinctively I grabbed the bottle and it easily turned maybe a ¼ turn, however that didn't slow the leak. I removed the bottle and it was not leaking on its own. I've replaced the o-ring inside the bottle valve as well as the 12mm bonded washer (part # 11507) on the threaded bottle connector and neither corrected the leak. I need an exploded diagram for the BT version so I can see what o-rings might be next. Yes, it's under warranty and the company she bought it from has already mentioned sending parts.

Turns out the reg just behind the bottle gave up the ghost in her brand new Wildcat. Those first 3 mags were fun, although I won't lie and say that I wasn't a bit concerned due to the shot string I recorded on the 2nd mgy. 51fps spread with a SD over 13. A new reg seal kit is on its way.

Notes
Pellet: JSB Hades .22
Weight: 15.9 gr

Shot count: 18
Low: 861
Hi: 912
Avg: 885
STD Dev: 13.3
Spread: 51.0

5/12/23 6:52:38 PM,884
5/12/23 6:53:01 PM,905
5/12/23 6:53:14 PM,912
5/12/23 6:58:45 PM,881
5/12/23 6:58:53 PM,898
5/12/23 6:59:17 PM,886
5/12/23 6:59:44 PM,879
5/12/23 7:06:11 PM,861
5/12/23 7:08:47 PM,895
5/12/23 7:09:01 PM,888
5/12/23 7:09:16 PM,877
5/12/23 7:09:31 PM,898
5/12/23 7:11:02 PM,870
5/12/23 7:11:20 PM,881
5/12/23 7:12:24 PM,879
5/12/23 7:12:47 PM,870
5/12/23 7:13:12 PM,895
5/12/23 7:15:49 PM,868

Last edited:
I am glad you figured it out and I hope you get it fixed soon. It is a pain I think all of us have experienced at some time or another in this hobby. Never fun but in the end we have so much fun with them we can move on the wiser haha
No doubt 💩 happens and we typically learn from it. This was my, and her, first time ever touching a PCP. When I found it leaking I had this sinking feeling in my stomach that we did something wrong. We shot 3 mags through it and was having fun but it was getting too dark for us to see. We carried it in a filled the bottle to 300bar with ideas we'd shoot it more over the weekend. We ran out to dinner and just before bed something told me to check the bottle pressure. It was @ 150bar. Sinking feeling started. SPAW stood strong as well as behind that fill pressure and is sending out a fix it kit. She should be back in service this weekend.

I enjoy the pleasure of shooting with my better half as well until she out shoots me bad haha. Just don't tell anybody OK. haha
We were both waiting on the new Avenge-X series to release but watching tons of PCP related videos on YouTube. We both got over-anxious and I had Brian at Veradium Air start reworking an Artemis M16A. I imagine he'll be shipping that out this week. She, being on the smaller size, went while hog and ordered the Wildcat MK3 with a 600mm barrel and a 580cc bottle. The day I spoke with Brian we were on our way to go shoot 9mm pistols and AR rifles. She proved she could outshoot me that day. 🤣

• Love
Reactions: swNCsw
There are several videos on how to replace the orings. There’s a couple on the reg screw that are really tiny and tricky. I would not touch those because it’s so easy to bust the new ones putting them on. Also, they are not the ones causing your problem. In fact, it’s very likely the oring that sits inside the body of the bottle adapter or the largest one on the external body of the reg. Last I checked, FX didn’t have a schematic for the BT but the dreamline bottle adapter schematic is what you need. The Maverick scheme is the same as well. Hope that helps.

Just to emphasize the issue of those tiny reg screw orings, I was on my 3rd kit and still breaking them when FX kindly sent me a new screw with them on!

There are several videos on how to replace the orings. There’s a couple on the reg screw that are really tiny and tricky. I would not touch those because it’s so easy to bust the new ones putting them on. Also, they are not the ones causing your problem. In fact, it’s very likely the oring that sits inside the body of the bottle adapter or the largest one on the external body of the reg. Last I checked, FX didn’t have a schematic for the BT but the dreamline bottle adapter schematic is what you need. The Maverick scheme is the same as well. Hope that helps.

Just to emphasize the issue of those tiny reg screw orings, I was on my 3rd kit and still breaking them when FX kindly sent me a new screw with them on!
Turns out it is indeed those tiny o-rings on the reg adjusting screw, in particular, the top one that's giving up the ghost. I replaced ever o-ring in it last night and it blew the top o-ring again, leaking out about half the bottle fill in 8 hours.

PXL_20230520_153747394~3.jpg

I found that they are often damaged by the installation process, particularly that inner one that gets stretched over several brass lip/edges during install.

I have a bag of 200 of those oring and a reg screw with them attached by FX, which I don’t need. PM me if you want me to send them.
That's such a nice offer. The gun is only a week old and has a warranty so I expect the issue to be corrected, eventually. In the meantime, I ordered enough o-rings to rework the entire reg 50 times. If it blows that same o-ring every time the gun gets used, we might keep it working for 3 or 4 months with that o-ring order. ☺️

This video at 15min shows a little tool you can make (I made mine by cannibalizing a pen) that helps putting those little orings on:

Pretty neat little tool that I should have thought of myself. I've seen the same tool and principle used to slip O-rings onto a "wacky worm" in fishing. I guess I didn't think of it because I always felt using o-rings were an easy way to lose a worm and o-ring. I cut clear heat shrink tubing in ⅜" strips and slid them mid worm body and shrunk them down, then pierced the heat shrink and worm with my hook. Fish all day with a single work.