Fx Wildcat mk2 moderator weight.

Hi everyone,

I just got a Fx Wildcat MK2 .25 standard, and have a question about moderator weights, and how it may affect the barrel. As I look over the rifle and inspect the shroud, and barrel, it seems all the weight of the shroud sits on the barrel itself. I’m assuming putting a moderator on it will shift the impact down some due to all the weight on the barrel. Im just wondering if this will harm the barrel in the long term. 

Thanks, 

Maybe, maybe not as far harm goes and maybe, maybe not goes for POI shifting too. I too have a Streamline and considered putting a suppressor on it. I measured out pellets, including the tin, equal to the weight of the suppressor and hung it off the end of the barrel with tape. Using pellets works good because you can get the exact weight of the suppressor. The barrel dropped and the POI shifted. I passed on the suppressor. It's a .177 so it really wasn't a big deal. It comes down to how the barrel and shroud are constructed and other things such as if there is a barrel support or the shroud screws into the breech. I talked to a suppressor maker about putting one of his on my Streamline. He didn't think it was a good idea at the time.

The Wildcat has 2 barrel supports and a large diameter shroud. Weigh out some pellets in a tin equal to the weight of the suppressor you are considering then hang it off the end of the barrel with tape and look for barrel droop and POI shifting. If you do decide to use a suppressor go for the lightest and shortest one that will do the job.

"cahil_2"I put a full size huggett on my WC and it didn’t affect poi at all. Hanging a tin of pellets won’t give you the same results because the weight is distributed more evenly with the huggett.
Was that on a .25 cal Cahil_2. The reason I ask is that the .25 has a longer barrel, so more weight on the front of it would impact more that the shorter barrel ones.

I think it should be expected that there will be some slight barre droop equating to a POI change when you hang anything off the end of the barrel. That’s not a bad thing... Unless your hanging a 2 lb + weight off the end, I can’t see how it would cause any damage or problems. Most of the airguns out there nowadays have a pretty strong barrel / receiver interface.

The POI shift is irrelevant since it will be repeatable, if everything is snug and not moving around. If you go back and forth between running muzzle device and not, then you will have POI change there and have to re zero or know what the change will be.