• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat MK2 Huma Regulator and internal power plenum install

I don’t have a video but I have done this install on my Wildcat MKII. The below picture explains exactly how it is done, its the best I can do to explain the procedure.

1593596816_14266206235efc5b901aceb4.68597308.jpeg

Remember to lightly lube your o-rings with silicone grease, insure that the inside of you air cylinder is clean, and push the assembly straight in and slowly. Especially when pushing over the air cylinders threads.

Thanks Joe. Looks easy enough. I have the Huma reg and power plenum in hand with the reg tester on it's way. I'm on the fence about putting them in my 1st gen Wildcat. Probably cost prohibitive going to a slug barrel. Thinking about picking up a gen 2 just for the liner system. Thanks for showing how to turn a very good platform into a fabulous platform.

Thanks Joe. Looks easy enough. I have the Huma reg and power plenum in hand with the reg tester on it's way. I'm on the fence about putting them in my 1st gen Wildcat. Probably cost prohibitive going to a slug barrel. Thinking about picking up a gen 2 just for the liner system. Thanks for showing how to turn a very good platform into a fabulous platform.

Aww Shucks, twernt nothin’!

Does anybody know if the increased plenum volume in the Wildcat MK3 is about the same volume as this HUMA plenum 30cc ?

i would be intersted to know plenum volume of new WC3

Don’t know the volume, but I know it isn’t much bigger than the MKII’s. Not enough to increase power a great deal.

I think it falls in the category of “Hype”

hype 

(hīp) Slang

n.

1. Excessive publicity and the ensuing commotion

2. Exaggerated or extravagant claims made especially in advertising or promotional material

3. An advertising or promotional ploy

4. Something deliberately misleading; a deception

tr.v. hypedhyp·inghypes

To publicize or promote, especially by extravagant, inflated, or misleading claims

It is what it is...

Thanks Joe, Truly appreciated.

Your welcome

Hi Joe. The manufacturer’s specs e.g. for a wildcat MK2 vs MK3 in .22 have gone up from 29.5 to 40.5 FPE. ( in .25 from 44.2 to 55.3 FPE) That’s a significant hype !!

I would believe that most of this increase must come from a bigger plenum as I do not see many other “ power influencers” changed in the specs .

O did FX change the way they specify the power output ??! From average recommended output with specific jsb pellet to the maximum output (possibly with slugs) with all setting on maximum ....

Hi Joe. The manufacturer’s specs e.g. for a wildcat MK2 vs MK3 in .22 have gone up from 29.5 to 40.5 FPE. ( in .25 from 44.2 to 55.3 FPE) That’s a significant hype !!

I would believe that most of this increase must come from a bigger plenum as I do not see many other “ power influencers” changed in the specs .

O did FX change the way they specify the power output ??! From average recommended output with specific jsb pellet to the maximum output (possibly with slugs) with all setting on maximum ....

Maybe contact FXUSA and ask how many cc’s bigger the new Wildcat’s plenum? They’ll know for sure.

My information comes from tuning up my WC Sniper MKIII before I added the extra plenums. The most power achieved was 51 fpe. Same as the maximum tuned power I got from my WC MKII standard 51fpe before any modifications.

Your .25 sniper is advertised with max. 70.1 FPE out of the box... . If you could get max of 51 FPE before you installed additional plenums yourself I believe that Wimpanzee’s story kicks in ....

Wimpanzee wrote in this forum that he was dissaponted in his Wildcat MK3 .25 by far not achieving the advertised power ( like yours) and send it in in order to be ble to have the advertised 70 FPE. ( or anything in that direction) . After 3 weeks Wimpanzee received a reply saying that the power plenums supposed to be in the MK3’s were on their way due for arrival next week. I start to believe that the Wildcat MK3 ( at least the .25) was planned and intended with bigger plenum than delivered in the first batch and now FX is not making a public recall but hoping that people like you do their own homework or silently replace the plenums to those who complain ( like Wimpanzee) . Most people will probably never report any issue .... Maybe evil thinking but having 2 people here on this forum having bought a Wildcat mk3 .25 from the first batch only able to reach 50 FPE despite the 70 FPE advertised in combination with the message from FX to Wimpanzee..

what do you tink of this Joe ?

Hello PCP peeps! I’ve been lurking here for a while but I’m about to buy my first PCP and was very interested in hearing any updates on the above WC mk3 plenum discussion. I watched JoeKools thread about his mods to his WC mk3 Sniper in .25. He added TWO Dreamline plenum extensions to his air cylinder to boost his rifles output to close to 70 fpe. As has been pointed out, the WC3 sniper in .25 is supposed to get up to 70 fpe out of the box. Above it has been suggested that the next batch of WC mk3’s, due to arrive at the dealers soon, will have updated/corrected plenums that will deliver the 70 fpe, as advertised. Can anyone confirm this? I plan on buying the Sniper version in .25 soon but don’t want to do so before the plenum updates have been incorporated, if this report is true.

Also, other than a different probe and barrel assembly, does the .30 version of the WC mk3 have any other differences than the .25 that help it get to the 85 fpe advertised? I want to have a probe/barrel in both .25 and .30 and was wondering If it was better to get the rifle in .30 and then get the caliber conversion for .25, as opposed to the other way around?

Any info or help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Steve