• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX wildcat mk2 compact

My Wildcat is loosing fps, it went from 870ish down to the 820s. I checked the hammer tension adjustment and it is very loose. I have run it over a Chrony and the best I can get now with STX liner and JSB 25.39s is 845ish. I checked the spring and it seems ok, so what are other things I may have to check. Also does anyone know if these can be upgraded to the Amp regulator? 

I have not had the air tube loosened. I have considered putting in a Huma regulator because of this. The only other issue I have had was installing the STX liner. It seems FX used entirely to much locktite on the shroud. Between in my opinion to much heat and torque in the shroud to get it loose. I was wondering if the transfer port may be misaligned. I can twist the barrel with my hand maybe an eight inch back and forth. When I changed the liners yesterday to see if it had anything to do with it They both seemed snug when you slide them in place. So I don't think it would be the liner oring in the breach. 

Skoby, I'm assuming the Wildcat MKII uses the same transfer port system that has an alignment notch built into it as the Impact and Crown so once the whole barrel assembly is pushed in and bottomed out it should dropped into the slot and not have hardly any movement. If the barrel is turning more than just a smidge maybe the stainless piece is loose from either the brass transfer port or the barrel tube. Everyone says the barrel tube is really tight and loc-tited on though. You might pull the set screw on top of the receiver that holds the transfer port in position and eye ball the set screw indention's that will be on the transfer port to make sure it hasn't rotated any.

1555172384_14058056675cb20c204413f2.51068040_IMG_3119.jpg

Other than what's been mentioned above you might also back out the HS adjuster a couple of turns and start checking the velocity again and turning it in a 1/4 turn at a time and see if the velocity will increase. You might have too much HS tension.

Jk

Did you max out the hst in order to check the max fps? I'm asking thig because people usually think max hst means max fps and this is not always the case. In my Royale in fact i'm getting the max fps about 3 turns out from max.

The proper way to check your max fps is to go insreasing the hst by steps untill you see a drop on fps, at that point if you keep increasing it you'll see a significant drop om velocities.

Keep us updated, Manuel