Tuning FX Wildcat mk III power plenum and part updates

When I ordered my mk iii from Krale I also ordered a FX power plenum, which I know is designed for the dreamline. As compared to the videos of mk iii disassemble that I have seen the end piece that screws into the air tube and action is now one piece including the plenum spacer. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of before I machined the piece on the left. It had no chance of fitting in the power plenum as the regulator spacer was integral to it. So I machined it off and remove a couple of turns of thread so it would screw in all the way. I then made a new spacer so that the reg will sit in it's original location with the adjuster visible through the hole in the air tube.

The downside of using the 26mm long plenum (as others have pointed out) is the rear tube clamp now partly covers the adjuster hole. So I would quite like a 32+ mm plenum extender. The shipping to NZ for a plenum alone is a killer, which is why I grabbed the dreamline one with my rifle as the shipping was "free".

*Edited to give correct plenum measurements*

IMG_20201003_132229.1601832556.jpg

Nicely done ! How nice it was with the first batch of MK3’s where the Ernest Rowe power plenums would fit perfectly and give way to regulator adjuster opening nicely. You did a good “re-working” to the old situation . The need for a sort of spanner and the seperate spacer were probably the reason for “ simplifying” the design and construction. I believe Ernest Towe will come with an new PP soon fitting the current WC3. 

Nicely done ! How nice it was with the first batch of MK3’s where the Ernest Rowe power plenums would fit perfectly and give way to regulator adjuster opening nicely. You did a good “re-working” to the old situation . The need for a sort of spanner and the seperate spacer were probably the reason for “ simplifying” the design and construction. I believe Ernest Towe will come with an new PP soon fitting the current WC3. 

Ah, I just found your thread on this, I see you discovered the problem in Aug 😁