• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Wildcat Mk.III mystery o-ring problem

Hello members, I have an issue with my Wildcat Mk.III. In a post a couple weeks ago I was looking for a solution to a jammed barrel with 3 pellets inside. I managed to get it unplugged using a coat hanger that was coated in plastic. When I was pushing out the pellets back into the breach, I noticed that an o ring was in between 2 of the pellets that we stuck. The gun does not seem to be firing properly now, and I'm wondering if I may have F'd something up by dry firing it trying to push out the pellets. Firing the gun without the mag does not seem to be a good thing, as all the pressure comes back through the breach where normally the mag would provide a seal. I'm thinking this might have dislodged the o ring somehow? From where I don't know but it had to have come from somewhere. See attached photo next to a (Canadian) quarter for scale. Does anyone know where this o ring might have come from, or if there are any issues potentially created by dry firing the gun? I don't know the inners of the gun at all but my thought was that the o ring could be one supporting the liner in the shroud, although I don't see how it could work its way out to be inside the barrel.

Also, how do you fire the gun without having a loaded mag in the breach? If I want to push out a double loaded pellet, how to I get around the empty mag not letting me pull the lever back?

Any comments are appreciated.

IMG_0478.1609367134.JPG