FX Wildcat Mark III VT-BT vs Kaliburn Cricket tactical 2 vs AGT Uragan

Hi everyone I have the following dilemma, I want to buy one of these three PCP rifles in the next few weeks could be a FX Wildcat MKIII VP-BT to replace the oem metal air bottle with a bigger and lighter carbon fiber one, an AGT Uragan standard or the new Uragan 2 semi-automatic with the 600mm barrel or the Kaliburn Cricket 2 tactical 60 all in .22 caliber. I am leaning more towards the Uragan or the cricket do to the fact that aside both of them meet the characteristics and requirements I am looking for in a PCP rifle, this last two rifles also comes in wood and I am not a huge fan of the synthetic rifles. But since in my particular case I do not live in the US, if I had issues with any of them during their warranty period, I would have to pay $150.00 for postage charges to send them to the US for service.

However on the other hand, since here locally we have an exclusive distributor of the FX rifles, I would not have to incur in this additional expenses since the gunsmith who repairs them here locally, under warranty and without warranty it’s a good friend of mine. Apart from that he also modified them and even offered to help me tune it completely for free if I decided to buy the FX. I also already know that the Wildcat is actually a Maverick with a different stock. As everyone knows, all these rifles are very precise in their shots since all three use the best all around barrels that are currently available on the market, the CZ and the Lothar Walther. But as due to physical limitations I can only use them in my backyard so because this I am leaning more towards the Kaliburn Cricket as I understand it’s the most quietest of the three when used with a moderator like a DonnyFL or a Zero DB. This for me also its very important because I live in a very quiet and peaceful neighborhood and I don’t want to disturb my neighbors.

However the only one that allows me to use it with my Caldwell “singer” shooting bench is the Uragan, while both the Wildcat and the cricket would have to be used with a bipod and a sandbag on the back, although I already have both options. My goal is to be able to have one of the best low budget PCP rifle of the market which I believe I aleady have with my AVA wood stock.22 cal that is a tack driver with the help of some aftermarket goodie’s and at the same time one of the best high-end ones.

Also I am not interested in shooting with slugs with any of them. They will be de- tuned to only shot between 850 and 890 fps and used them exclusively with the JSB 18 grains pellets since the distances I will be using them daily would be between 25, 35, 50, 75 and maybe but not very often at 100 yards at most. Also I want to buy a .22 cal because I can share with them all the stack of different JSB pellets that I already have and use with my Avenger PCP rifle. I also already have a compressor and the other main reason why I am looking to buy any of the three wonderful rifles its to be able to shot between 150 and 200 pellets per fill with any if them. I want to skip the longer 700 mm barrels because all of them are designed to shot at very long distance. Thank you all in advance for giving me your very honest and unbiased opinion about which one its the more reliable, accurate and precise of them.

Sorry I reposted this same new thread to the PCP discussion.

Last edited:
Hey Ray, I can’t speak for the other two but my fx wildcat mklll in 22 is an exceptional rifle. Mine sports a Odb moderator, shoots one hole groups out to 45 yards plus and is very quite. The good news is almost every manufacturer is making good product, if you can get a chance to shoot any of them that will help with the decision making process. As a last resort just buy all three and then decide. 😬

Hey Ray, I can’t speak for the other two but my fx wildcat mklll in 22 is an exceptional rifle. Mine sports a Odb moderator, shoots one hole groups out to 45 yards plus and is very quite. The good news is almost every manufacturer is making good product, if you can get a chance to shoot any of them that will help with the decision making process. As a last resort just buy all three and then decide. 😬
Thanks, your last suggestion will be the best choice however I will have to sell one of my kidneys in order to buy the three of them at the same time, Jajajaja 🤣😂😁