FX Wildcat Mark III VP-BT vs Kalibur Cricket tactical 2 vs AGT Uragan

Hi everyone first I want to apologize for the long post I have the following dilemma, I want to buy one of these three PCP rifles in the next few weeks could be a FX Wildcat MKIII VP-BT to replace the oem metal air bottle with a bigger and lighter carbon fiber one, an AGT Uragan standard or the new Uragan 2 semi-automatic with the 600mm barrel or the Kalibur Cricket 2 tactical 60 all in .22 caliber. I am leaning more towards the Uragan or the cricket do to the fact that aside both of them meet the characteristics and requirements I am looking for in a PCP rifle, this last two rifles also comes in wood and I am not a huge fan of the synthetic rifles. But since in my particular case I do not live in the US, if I had issues with any of them during their warranty period, I would have to pay $150.00 for postage charges to send them for service. I also don’t care about which one weight a little more than the other since I am only going to use them from a bench. As soon I buy any of them I am planning to use them with a Arken 4-16x50 SH4-gen 2 scope.

Another thing I am a little worried about is that yesterday I sent a pm to Arizona and Utah airguns in their facebook pages asking about the AGT rifles and for my surprise both of them told me they don’t sell them any longer. And the person from Arizona airguns suggested me to instead to buy any of the Brocock rifles because “supposedly” there were far more reliable and also they can warranty them…hummm 🤷‍♂️🤔

However on the other hand, since here locally we have an exclusive distributor of the FX rifles, I would not have to incur in this additional expenses since the gunsmith who repairs them here under warranty and without warranty happens to be a good friend of mine. Apart from that he also modified them and even offered to help me tune it completely for free if I decided to buy the FX. I also already know that the Wildcat is actually a Maverick with a different stock. As everyone knows, all these rifles are very precise in their shots since all three use the best all around barrels that are currently available on the market, the CZ and the Lothar Walther. But as due to physical limitations I can only use them in my backyard so because this I am leaning more towards the Kalibur Cricket as I understand it’s the most quietest of the three when used with a moderator like a DonnyFL or a Zero DB. For me this is also very important because I live in a very quiet and peaceful neighborhood and I don’t want to disturb my neighbors. Also it looks like the tactical its the more user friendly to tune of the three since it has a external rear knob to ajust his hammer/spring to the desired fps, and I already have a FX chronograph to help me do this in a very short time.

However the only one that allows me to use it with my Caldwell “singer” shooting bench is the Uragan, while both the Wildcat and the cricket would have to be used with a bipod and a sandbag on the back, although I already have both options. My goal is to be able to have one of the best low budget PCP rifle of the market which I believe I aleady have with my AVA wood stock.22 cal that is a tack driver with the help of some aftermarket goodie’s and at the same time one of the best high-end ones.

Also I am not interested in shooting with slugs with any of them. They will be de-tuned to only shot between 850 and 890 fps and used them exclusively with the JSB 18 grains pellets since the distances I will be using them daily would be between 25, 35, 50, 75 and maybe but not very often at 100 yards at most. Also I want to buy a .22 cal because I can share with them all the stack of different JSB pellets that I already have and use with my Avenger PCP rifle. I also already have a compressor and the other main reason why I am looking to buy any of the three wonderful rifles its to be able to shot between 150 and 200 pellets per fill with any of them. I want to skip the longer 700 mm “sniper barrels” because all of them are more designed to shot with slugs and at very long distances. Thank you all in advance for giving me your very honest and unbiased opinion about which one its the more reliable, accurate and precise and the best bang for the buck.

Last edited:
All of these platforms are fantastic and will give you a lot of enjoyment. I have owned all three and out of the three I enjoy the wildcat bottle the most, followed closely by the Uragan. However slug wise I can’t beat the WCBT 700 with hybrids. The other two just don’t push slugs fast enough as I am not quite good enough at tuning them for slugs. Pellets are amazing out of them. Very easy to tune for pellets. All three manufacturers are top notch and make beautiful Airguns.

Since you are going pellets only I would do the Uragan. It’s so well made, shoulders beautifully and is easy to work on and tune. Also a great value right now.

Out of the three I use the Cricket the least. Not that it shoots worse, but just not the one I pick up to shoot often. I would rather shoot the Uragan when shooting pellets or my Maverick, which I have set at about 865. Same speeds you are looking at. Very very accurate.

Reactions: Ray_PR
All of these platforms are fantastic and will give you a lot of enjoyment. I have owned all three and out of the three I enjoy the wildcat bottle the most, followed closely by the Uragan. However slug wise I can’t beat the WCBT 700 with hybrids. The other two just don’t push slugs fast enough as I am not quite good enough at tuning them for slugs. Pellets are amazing out of them. Very easy to tune for pellets. All three manufacturers are top notch and make beautiful Airguns.

Since you are going pellets only I would do the Uragan. It’s so well made, shoulders beautifully and is easy to work on and tune. Also a great value right now.

Out of the three I use the Cricket the least. Not that it shoots worse, but just not the one I pick up to shoot often. I would rather shoot the Uragan when shooting pellets or my Maverick, which I have set at about 865. Same speeds you are looking at. Very very accurate.
Thanks you very much this was the kind of advise I was looking for. No one better than a person who have owned the three of them to guided me in the right direction. In fact from the beginning the Uragan had always been my favorite aside from the fact that they also comes in wood and for me this is also very important. But which of them its the more reliable, durring your ownership do you have to send any of them for repairs? Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks you very much this was the kind of advise I was looking for. No one better than a person who have owned the three of them to guided me in the right direction. In fact from the beginning the Uragan had always been my favorite aside from the fact that they also comes in wood and for me this is also very important. But which of them its the more reliable, durring your ownership do you have to send any of them for repairs? Thanks
The Uragan has been a wonderful “just shoot and enjoy rifle”. The FX as we all know are lots of fun, but you need to be more of a tinkerer and more experienced in tuning. The Uragan is more of a just shoot and enjoy rifle, for me anyway. Rarely do you hear of them having a leak or failure. The Vulcan or Uragan are really a win win option. Wildcats in general are some of FXs finest rifles and are great, but again lots of seals and more fine tuning. I see that as a positive in a way as you can really get it down to a certain micro point in tuning. But in really it isn’t more accurate than the AGT as you will be doing pellets. Pellet accuracy is wonderful in the AGT stuff. Never had to send for repairs on AGT. Yes on repairs for Cricket and FX.

I have a Wildcat BT 600mm in .30. Bought it as a VP because I wanted the 600mm barrel and swapped the aluminum bottle for a 460cc carbon fiber, and added the 1:22 liner. Without much effort, I have it tuned to shoot the 44.75gr JSB pellets on P/W #7 at 960 fps for a little over 90fpe. I actually lowered it to P/W #5 to shoot at about 85fpe. It hits like the Hammer of Thor and is very accurate. I have owned an Uragan, but greatly prefer the adjustability, weight and ergonomics of the Wildcat, especially with the power available in the BT model.

There is a new soon to be released to the public Uragan 2 semi automatic. The youtube video its in a foreign language

452D1138-8C60-4103-AAF8-309E7FCED57E.jpeg