• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat Magazine Problem

"Kitplanenut"I noticed that problem. You can take the cheek pieces off and the two screws holding the cover to the indexer. Careful there is a spring. Indexer just lifts out real easy. I polished off the sharp edge and problem was solved. Takes about 15 min and a small piece of 600 grit sandpaper. Easy fix
Kitplanenut,
Thanks ! This is exactly what this website is all about . . . . . . . . . . Sharing information!
I will try this as soon as I can, and report back. Thanks again.

There is an upgrade replacement available. It is made from much stiffer metal and polished where it slides on the magazine. You may look into getting one to help resolve this.
Or, you can just polish up your old one like Kitplanenut suggested. 
I have misplaced my original one but, here are some pics of the new one. The lighting is pretty bad for pictures in my house...

I still get lines on my magazines from use. They look more like rub lines than cuts in the metal (like what you have happening). 
Cheers!
Tom

"clgraham82"My .22 Wildcat should be here Monday...I'm glad I saw this post beforehand...still doesn't sit well with me that a $1300 gun requires a user fix or upgrade to eliminate this QC issue.
That's exactly what I was thinking !
Since this is an issue, why are they coming out of the factory this way. My gun is 5 days old and I should buy an upgrade to fix it?

Reactions: clgraham82
 Personally I wouldn't like that. All the rough edges should NOT exist. I do get it is a tiny bit scraped off, where does the scraped stuff go/get into? Nothing on an airgun should show that wear even after years of use , but likely FX will fix it down the road. 
I'm not sure why FX doesn't tumble/shake/somehow polish all internal parts. It appears ( and I've onl;y seen what's posted on the Inetrnet so???) from pictures lot's of internal parts are not polished, sure it actually doesn't matter on some parts, say a lever where only the locating pin hole and the far end of the lever touchs something but I am used to see ALL parts nicely finished, everything SMOOTH gives less plasces for goop & grime.

OT my 13 year old AA410 shows no marks on the magazine ( after market RC mag).

John