• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat Magazine popping out

Hey guys and gals,

Got my FX Wildcat MK2 this week and having really been enjoying it. I have put about 200 JSB pellets through it and yesterday when I was cocking the next pellet the mag popped out. I reloaded the mag and fired 2 shots before it popped out again when I was cocking it. It has done it several times since then and I have tried 2 other magazines. Anybody else ever seen this or had it happen to them? This morning it did it twice and since then I have put 21 shots through it without it popping out.

I laughed a little when I read your post, not at you... but with you... I'll have to search for it but chuck posted something about a 'mod' to his check rest, and my first thought (although it really wasn't WHY he posted the mod to start with) was simply.... well thats probably the same reason my mag pops out and rolls across the floor sometimes.... 

Basically, if the cheek rest is too close to the mag, they will make contact and will force the mag to pop out. My retailer was no help at all. Chuck made the indent (delrin cheeck rest only and from the bottom) a little deeper. Again his motivation was a little different but when I posted he agreed that it was most likely the same route problem. 

That post was a several week, maybe 2-3 months ago.

I never did anything about it as it stopped happening after a while. I guess the slot in the delrin just 'wore in' after a while.

Hopefully he'll see this and respond with a link to that post. I'll look if time allows.... No worries, it should be a simple fix.

So just wanted to update you guys on what's going on with my WIldcat MK2. I looked at all the posts I could find and youtube videos etc. I def noticed some scratching on my magazines and decided to look into the lever that rotates the mags when it is cocked. I removed the cheek piece and it seems the MK2 has a different design than the MK 1. Also it does appear that FX has "tried" to grind down the point on these levers as on the original model it was a problem. There were grinding marks on the lever but it still had a point that was catching on the mags. I removed it, smoothed and polished it and installed it this AM. I will shoot the gun at lunch and report back the results.