FX FX Wildcat M1, M2, M3 ?

And to confuse you even more…
How about a dual regulator equipped MK1 BT with a 170cc air cylinder? ;)

IMG_3558.jpeg

Reactions: Airgun Al
Mk1 is smoother twist solid barrel. All the rest use liner.

I believe the mk1 and 2 use the one piece mag.
So more stuff going on when cocking. As the action has to rotate the mag.
However better for LH shooters.
Mk3 went to the conventional mags.

I believe the mk1 didn’t hav a rev gauge, but ppl modified the stock and added it.
Also some hammer changes. IMO small changes between 1 and 2

I think the biggest change was the mk3 BT with dual regs, huge plenum and air bottle. Tons of power. But it’s also bigger.

Reactions: Airgun Al
M1 and M2 are similar. The M1 uses the original smooth twist barrel where the twist for the rifling is only at the last cpl inches. The M2 has the full length stx type barrel liner. Has the twist the full length and is a liner that can be swapped out for different twist rates. The M1 is not swappable. Both the m1 and m2 have adjustable hammer springs but the stock has to be removed on both. They are more internal so to speak. The M2 (I believe) also has an externally adjustable regulator although there isn’t a reg gauge which is really really really stupid.
With the M3 they went with completely interchangeable barrel kits. You can purchase these with barrel/shroud /transfer port and probe for fast easy changes of lengths and or calibers. The hammer spring is completely adjustable externally with no stock removal needed. It also has a dual adjustable hammer spring tension system for more fine tuning. You have a small Allen screw as a micro adjuster and then a power wheel with 7 settings for larger changes in hammer tension. You also have an externally adjustable regulator with gauge. The M3 is a nice upgrade over the other 2. I would definitely jump up to one of these.

Edit…also the m3 uses a more traditional fx self tensioned style magazine that indexes itself with spring tension. The m1 and 2 just have basically a round cylinder you load pellets into. Then a mechanism in the gun indexes it.