• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX wildcat filling problems

Hello ! I'm new here so I'll do a little intro, I'm 19..I've been shooting my whole life and airguns the past 3 years I just upgraded to a .25 wildcat from .25 marauder 

So here's is my problem, a few problems I am trying to fill my fx with a Air Venturi 90 cu in tank I understand it will only go to 2900 psi. Now also the gun has been dry fired a few times lol I really wanted to test the trigger before I read the manual. I filled my tank to 2900 psi (My paintball place said there 4500psi compressor was down, does that have something to do with it?) and used the fx fill prob it would only will until 140 bar Max and the O ring on the top end of the fill prob broke so I'm guessing that's why. I bought #47 o rings the size used on the fill prob and they always break will I open the value on the tank. I have a new O ring set coming from AOA. I'm worried even with the new o ring kit it won't work I only have 90% pure silicone for o rings will that work? 

Pretty sad honestly I've spent 2k on a pellet gun and can't even show people how great it is haha! Really though I love shooting so much and this sucks please help I know it's a lot to read 

thanks ! 

I have a brand new wildcat .25 and I tried to fill mine with my 90ci tank and it wasn’t the best way to fill and also my fill probe was letting air by it and it kinda upset me also, I did order a new style fill probe off eBay that has 4 orings instead of two, it just came today in the mail so I have not been able to try it, it also came with 8 extra orings, think it was only supposed to come with 4 extra and I lucked out, I’ll put a pic up here. Also I was told to put a very small amount of silicone grease on my orings on the FX fill probe to help it seal up but again I haven’t had to fill my gun yet so I don’t know if it worked, I’m going to be using my 74cf tank to fill instead of my small 90ci tank which I bought for my Marauders, the Hatsan fill probe is supposed to work also with the FX Wildcat and to me it looks like the Hatsan has better orings, I have 3 Hatsan fill probes being I have a Bullboss and a bt65sb Elite QE and bought a extra probe for backup...
Here is a pic of the new probe I got. It’s supposed to fit FX, Hatsan and a couple other airguns.
776bd77adb0730b4d40a5f2a39ab2a68.jpg

It might also be that the smaller tank isn’t opening up the fill valve all the way being its a regulated tank so the pressure is a bit lower when you open the valve, at least that’s why I think the air was blowing out the fill probe hole, I ended up using my 74cf tank to finish the fill and didn’t get that blow by or when I reinserted the probe it sealed better......Airguns....Love to hate em sometimes.

"brock3798"Yeah love em hate em lol....Im disappointed about my tank only filling to 140 bar. Do you think that the Hatson fill prob will not let air out the end and ill be able to use my 90 cu in to fill to 200 bar?
The weathers been crappy here so I haven’t gotten out to shoot and refill but this week it looks like I’ll be able to get out and then I’ll know. I’ll try both my 90ci tank and I know my 74cf will do just fine, I have them both filled to 4500 psi now but it’s more about the probes....

230 Bar equals 3335 psi. So if you fill your Wildcat up to 2900 psi you can shoot it down to where it falls below the regulator at 2030 psi, which equals 140 Bar. You should get around 15-20 accurate regulated shots each time you fill her up. Enjoy! Now you know what to ask Santa for Christmas...A bigger air tank! :)
All the best, Chuck

Ok well today I’ve been shooting my Wildcat and taking care of some problem water rats so I got to try that new 4 oring fill probe and it works perfect, I can’t say one thing bad about it and matter of fact I’m going to order one more just to have on hand, I still need to try it on one of my Hatsan's but I’m not to worried about....
Deffinetly it’s worth the 15.00 dollars it cost...

edit to add wildcat.

Thanks for sharing this experiment with us I'm old... I think this air probe that you found will be superior in one respect and that's that with four O-rings you may be able to shoot with your air tank to other to the gun, without worrying about the probe popping out under pressure and flying all around like crazy.

Yes it does yote, that’s another reason I like it. Probe and male foster fitting all in one. My other three probes I’ve had to buy the extra fitting which gives it a better chance of leaking. Which do you like better. The 2 oring probe is the one that came with my FX and leaked a bit and the other one doesn’t leak at all, didn’t even use grease on it yet as you can see.
b416e5b59dffdbc8e1cf05df89abc887.jpg

Modified for word do.