FX Wildcat compact

I have a compact in 25. I believe fx is using the impact moderator on it so it is larger than the standard moderator on the Wildcats. Personally I think it is backyard friendly. It is as quiet as my marauder 25. When in doubt, just buy a donnyfl. I did. Personally, I probably didnt need to buy my sumo but wanted to see how much it would change the report. It definitely made it a little bit more quieter. Personally, I think the impact of the pellet will be louder if you use the stock moderator. Sorry if my response seems unorganized. I'm typing all this on my phone.

IMHO- Specifically relating to Benjamin Marauders, I think a 25 Marauder is too loud for my back yard. A 22 is barely boarder line offensive and a bone stock 177 is acceptable when it comes to quiet but then again, with that being said, I still bought a Neil Clague which permanently resides on my 177 from acceptibly quiet to down right near silent.

CA

The factory moderator is fairly effective. I just installed a DonnyFL Ronin the other day and found that it did tame the report slightly better. If I lived in a more open environment I probably wouldn't have upgraded. I don't want my neighbors to know that I'm eliminating the local squirrel population. I think the factory shroud and ldc will work just fine for most people.

I have a 25 WC MKIII compact and have it tuned to 45 fpe. The Donny FX on the WC is quieter than a unmoderated 25 Marauder. On hand are a Donny FX, Shogun and Ronin to trade between air guns. The Shogun seams to work best but I can't quantify it. With a cheap meter, shooting indoors at 17 yards at a putty box or a box of rubber mulch the target impact is louder, 82-90 db. Also, your ear is sitting on top of slingshot hammer clanging with each pellet making judgement of the overall sound level difficult. Shooting at small game with H&N Hunters, the terminal impact makes a much louder report than the gun.