• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX wildcat compact or FX impact?

I've been eyeballing both of these guns since they've been announced but never took the plunge until now. I'm currently shooting a .25 marauder and an old .22 discovery that I modded and tuned heavily to get to shoot well. I was hand pumping both and didn't want to upgrade until I got a proper fill station setup. Fast forward to just a few weeks ago and now I have a compressor and an Omega tank. ( I should have done this sooner!) I primarily shoot in the backyard at 50 yards or less but love the chance to really stretch it out when I can. 

After seeing the latest review on AEAC, I couldn't help myself and placed an order for the wildcat compact through pyramid air. I did a ton of research and was happy with my choice but the wait for a back order to come in gave me plenty of time to second guess myself lol. So my question is, should I cancel the order for the compact and go for the impact? The low shot count is what seems to be bothering me the most about the compact compared to a bottle gun. I hunt occasionally but 80% of my shooting will be paper.

Thank you for the help! 

I can't speak to FX Wildcat Compact, however, I currently own a Wildcat .25 cal, a Wildcat MK2 .30 cal and Impacts tuned in 3 calibers, .177, .22 and .25 cal.

I like both models. The Wildcats are very accurate and require no tinkering. The Impacts are accurate, modular and can be challenging for a novice.

If you enjoy the challenge of making adjustments with different weight pellets and slugs, the Impact may be the way to go.

If you desire to pick up your .25 cal. rifle and shoot 25.4 JSB pellets with tack-driving accuracy, I would recommend the Wildcat.

I can't speak to FX Wildcat Compact, however, I currently own a Wildcat .25 cal, a Wildcat MK2 .30 cal and Impacts tuned in 3 calibers, .177, .22 and .25 cal.

I like both models. The Wildcats are very accurate and require no tinkering. The Impacts are accurate, modular and can be challenging for a novice.

If you enjoy the challenge of making adjustments with different weight pellets and slugs, the Impact may be the way to go.

If you desire to pick up your .25 cal. rifle and shoot 25.4 JSB pellets with tack-driving accuracy, I would recommend the Wildcat.

I think tuning is part of the recipe here. Half the fun for me was getting that old Benjamin discovery to shoot as well as it does now. Granted, it came with a little frustration at times but overall it shoots better and I can take it apart with my eyes closed now. I never tuned the marauder to that same degree and somehow I feel as if I like the discovery better because of the work I put into it. This is a hobby after all, a way to burn up some free time doing what we enjoy. I think you've helped sway the decision here and I'll be calling PA in the morning. The big down side now is that I have to go back to the end of the line for the waiting game lol

I think tuning is part of the recipe here. Half the fun for me was getting that old Benjamin discovery to shoot as well as it does now. Granted, it came with a little frustration at times but overall it shoots better and I can take it apart with my eyes closed now. I never tuned the marauder to that same degree and somehow I feel as if I like the discovery better because of the work I put into it. This is a hobby after all, a way to burn up some free time doing what we enjoy. I think you've helped sway the decision here and I'll be calling PA in the morning. The big down side now is that I have to go back to the end of the line for the waiting game lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy to chime in.

You will enjoy either or both rifle(s) immensely.😉

Thank you all for your insight! I'm going to call pyramid air in the morning to see if they can cancel the order in favor of the impact 600mm .25

The opportunity came up to make the leap after years of waiting and it may not come up again for a while. Might as well make it worth it!

You can have free shipping and the best customer service at Palm Beach Airguns

I get no benefit from the plug I'm just sharing my experience after dealing with many of the other retailers.