• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat Cases review

So, due to a mixup at AoA, I ended up with both Wildcat cases for a few days. I'll be sending the wrong one back on Monday. 
I ordered the .25 case for $109 when they called and said my Wildcat was ready to ship. They shipped me the .22 case (by mistake) with my Wildcat which made the box look like I had ordered a Bazooka! Long story short, the .25 does not fit into the .22 case, it sticks out like 3". AoA got me the right one sent out right away. 
Here's some pics of the .22 case (smaller, thinner, and textured), and the .25 (larger, thicker, and ribbed). 
(Due to dust particles in my garage this is the only pic I took with the flash on.) You can see the ribs on the .25 case in this pic pretty well. Top side has "FX Airguns" Printed on it.

Bottom

You can just make out the "texture" on the .22 case in this pic. They're little circles.

.22 lock system. Slide the locks to open.

.25 lock system.

You have to push the center and pull the top to make it unlock. I haven't had a system like this so I was pulling a few times before I got it to open. It seems pretty solid to me! It wouldn't open until I put some light pressure on the center. 

.22 handle

.25 handle. There are two spots on it for padlocks and two places for name/address tags to slide into. The tags slide in from the center so they shouldn't slide out without opening the case. 

.22 is ~3.5 inches thick (88.9mm)

.25 is ~5 inches thick (127mm)

.22 a little over 32" wide (812.8mm) and 11.5" tall (292.1mm)

.25 right around 35.5" wide (901.7mm) and 12.75" tall (323.85mm)

Here's my .25 in the case. There's a little room left ~.5" in front of the barrel and ~1" above the elevation knob on the scope.

My scope is a 4-14x44 rings are medium with the dovetail to picatinny adaptors. It sits ~3" above the dovetail rail (~77mm)

My opinion - I was a bit let down at the thickness of the plastic on the .22 case. BUT, I'm comparing it to nice thick heavy duty PB cases and I don't know if the .22 case is the same price as the .25 or not. So, take that with a grain of salt! I still think it will do a nice job protecting the rifle and stand up well to standard abuse. Personally, I like the way it looks too. Nice and sleek!
The .25 feels just a little thicker and I like it! I think the ribs are going to take the brunt of scratches from any sliding around that may occur and that should keep the rest of the case looking nice. I heard rumor that the foam was cut out for the Wildcat and was expecting that when I opened the case. This has pros and cons. While the cut out foam does have a much cleaner look, I think that if it was cut out then there wouldn't be much padding left to protect the rifle and the cut outs might not fit everyone's setup. With the "egg carton foam" in there, it holds the rifle nice and snug. It shouldn't bang agains the sides or top & bottom unless it takes a really hard it. For my money, I'd get the .25 size case regardless of which WC I ordered due to the sturdier feel, locking mechanisms, padlock spots, and name tag features even though it takes up more space and is heavier. But, that's just my opinion! 
I hope this review helps people in their decisions. If there's any other info I can provide, please feel free to ask! But, remember, I've only got the .22 size until Monday when UPS picks it up. 
accuracy + if it helps!
Thanks! and happy shooting! :D
Tom

Omg that is the same case caesar guerini and Fabarms gives you with their shotguns. All I can say is wow.

Yep. I bought the .25 case with my Wildcat. I have a Benelli shotgun that came with a case that's just plastic molded (no foam) and I like it better. 

My .25 case is nice enough and I'm believing FX was smart to offer this as an add on item vs. getting it with the gun and the gun price being a tad higher. I'm not upset that I bought it, it is unique and does have the name on it. But I was expecting a tad nicer, more custom and specific to the gun. It's definitely nicer than a $40 Plano brand case - nicer thickness of plastic, nicer edge detail where the two sides meet when the case is closed. It's nothing like my SKB cases but it's also half the cost of the SKB cases. 

I did expect more at first but after really thinking about it this case is where I'd expect it to be for the price. Nicer than the cheapest cases and not as nice as the expensive ones. Further to that extent, It's probably not fair for me to compare this to a case I got with my Benelli. That's a huge company and all of the FX models produced in a year probably don't add up to the lowest run model of all Benelli models produced in a given year.