• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat, Bobcat, a pragmatic prospective.

I recently acquired a Wildcat Mk1 .25 from AoA and a Bobcat Mk2 .25 from Precision air (both great outfits to deal with) had the Wildcat since March and got the Bobcat in May. Sold an arm full of PB's to fund, air more fun to me these days and can shoot 'em in back yard. Never had or shot a regulated PcP, (been shooting unregulated Rapid Mk2 14 years) and only recently even knew what a Bullpup type gun was. Learned about 'em through reviews and how owners just gave rave reviews, also curious about FX's ST barrels, and never gave .25cal. a second thought, a "perfect storm" of new shooting experience awaited...AoA had a combo deal on Mk1 Wildcats at the time 1189.00 plus decent rings and FX 3X12 scope for 100.00 bucks, thought about .22, decided to "expand my horizons" and chose .25. I did an unboxing video, accidentally deleted it, stupid phone, but WC first shot and the Bobcat unboxing is videoed. With the very first shot two things happened I fell in love with the bullpup (Wildcat) design and became a .25 cal. fan, and things only improved from there. I'm having a learning curve uploading photos, first two worked ok second two failed so can't post targets, but early in the WC familiarization period shot 13, 8 shot groups into pine board 1.5" thick sitting resting on knees 25 yds, my usual shooting spot my deck to fire pit, 104 shots two fills, all bug holes no fliers , I use 1" squares for targets most groups covered with a dime, have since shot at longer range 50yd mostly, suffice it to say both the Wildcat and Bobcat I own FAR exceed makers claims for accuracy, the reason I got the Bobcat, AoA was out of the .22 MK1 Wildcat combos (only .177 now just checked) had money budgeted so on reputation of accuracy shot count power adjuster and just to have another bullpup. Numbers for both no surprises Bobcat much heavier can't shoot full charge in one sitting (90plus high 160plus low) the way I shoot, reg seems little more consistent of the two, Wildcat reg first shot sometimes low been talked about before. The key point of this post, all the information I gleaned about these guns was from reviews, professional and individuals, I appreciated and enjoyed every word and video, few surprises, I trust the airgun community, thanks all, keep reviews coming. Be safe, shoot straight! (Will try to upload photo probably won't work).

1530297702_9977403755b367d66925518.09760981_D064CEA5-0DC1-452B-9505-94479702C0CE.jpeg
1530297704_20980723635b367d689b3976.04757113_2BC4AA19-53E5-4762-89B0-1043C70DC968.jpeg
Hi funilly I have the same pair and to be open, whilst I love the .25 Bobcat which shoots out to 100m and is so stable in the hands, I find the .22 Wildcat more flighty and doesn’t sit well in the shoulder. Guess this meant that for me, I wasn’t a fan of the Wildcat and prefer the weight and reach of a more traditional type of rifle. This is where the Bobcat shines as it sits on the border of both styles. It is very much an overlooked rifle.

Thanks for the case link Adam, always wondered how the cutouts were done and what tools were needed, a brief description of the procedure would be great, I have several guns I would like to case up. Sounds like you have a real tack driver there, I would love to see some groups, I'm still coming to grips with .25 power, I've heard a lot of great things about the Bobcat in general and .30cal. in particular, one more thing I need to try out!!! My .25's been textbook so far but no 100yd groups yet. Hot and very humid here in TN. guns get covered in condensation when taken out of AC house, slowed down my testing, very quiet, better than Wildcat, great trigger, high number of shots per fill two power settings and general build quality, it's a keeper for sure!!! Lets keep these kitties fed!!!