Fx wildcat .22 problem

Hi, I had the same problem with my wild cat 22. Found out my rifle needs to be cleaned frequently. AOA tested my rifle with 16 grn JSB but I was using the 18's. Tried the 16 's and they were deadly accurate, shot 50 feet per second faster, my regulator loved them with a significant decrease in extreme spread and even a slight increase in foot pounds of energy over the 18's !!!! Got rid of my cricket 22 because it had a super dirty barrel, cleaning rag had flakes of lead on it, then would require multiple mags to lead back in and then would fowl in just a few more magazines ! (poor crowning). It was extremely accurate but only for a short window of time and just too much work. I don't mind cleaning my wild cat frequently because it has so many provements over the cricket. Cricket was a nightmare to load ,cocking lever in the wrong place, considerably heavier than the wild cat too. Good luck hope that helps

Sounds like you have the right pellet for your gun and fps. 16s may fly too hot at 950, mine shoots in the 920s. Who knows. If I may ask how many shots do you actually get after cleaning on average before your POI shifts? On my 25 and 22 wildcat I only get a few mags before I notice a slight shift. I seldom adj. Scope because as soon as I clean it I end up adjusting right back to where it was to get back to "one hole". These guys that get 300 - 1000
shots before cleaning (if they are getting one hole type accuracy have a barrel to hang on to!) My Poi only really changes when i remove extra baffles or after air fills sometimes.

@Bluestone
That was me.
http://airgunnation.dev/topic/to-all-fx-wildcat-or-st-barrel-users/

I have a lot of attempts to solve the problem.
Even I have a new barrel of FX received but had the same problem.
Up to 50 yards the weapon is very accurate, but at 70 yards, forget it!
I would like to know whether .25 caliber are affected?

The anodizing/paint of the FX's weapons apparently very poor, my Wildcat rusted after 2 weeks!
The reputation of the FX has in my opinion is not as good as many believe.

I have returned the Wildcat end will test the FX Impact.
If having the same problem I will never buy a FX again!!

Hey thanks for the feed back.I have returned 2 different guns to 2 different dealers .The guns both required frequent cleaning because of rapid poi shift. After cleaning, one returned to one hole accuracy after one shot, the other needed to be leaded back in with a couple mags. Both dealers shot the guns at short yardage and said they shot one hole. Therefore they did not address or think there was a problem I guess. It's very interesting to see feedback from other gun owners.I thought I was going crazy till I saw the video by "freemanshooting" of the poor crowning on the barrels of one of the high end rifles I sent back for dirty barrel complaints.

I really hope FX is already implementing some silent plan aimed at solving all the problems for „unlucky“ current owners as well as eliminating any chances of „bad luck“ happening to future buyers of their new FX models. I am also on that list, waiting for my .22 Wildcat which I ordered despite all those issues found on the internet while doing my research. Those were not in a huge numbers and half of them might as well be caused by user error or just a minor fail in quality controll of first batches. But the long-range accuracy issues caused by poor barrel finish realy isn‘t what you expect to ever find on something that is positioned as a high-end, high-tech 1.3k eur rifle to be honest. Let‘s see how things evolve, still not concidering to cancel my order – hope all the problems are already sorted out at the factory and I will be the lucky one J

You're right but bottom line I love my wild cats. I have a .25 Wildcat from the first shipment and a .22 from the second shipment.They have corrected the air leak problem. My brother got a .22 from the first shipment that leaked. Switched from jsb18's to 16s and my .22 wildcat loved them. FPS went from 884 to 933, accuracy went from great to awesome,the regulator loved them (extreme spread cut in half) and 2 dollars cheaper per can. AOA will test fire your gun with jsb 15.89 and in my case they are the magic pellet! Wishing you great luck with your wildcat. I think you are going to love it too. P.s. some people having trouble cleaning .22 wildcat. I was too till I got the crown saver pull through that Mac 1 sells. Saw one guy was actually removing the barrel to clean! Just unscrew the baffles or use a straw and grab the loop with a hooked wire or tool.( the mag. slot is narrow). Only takes 2 or 3 pulls to clean because rifled area is so small.

Thank you for your kind words and advices! I will definitely try out jsb 15.89s, they also happen to be available at local shops where I live, funny thing is local price on them here is x2 compared to jsb 18s that I ordered with my gun. As for cleaning the barrel, I will probably try an old trick with a thick fishing lane first, with a possible help from a vacuum cleaner :) Because waiting till the package arrives is the hardest thing now, still 30 more days left to go... :) 

Hi Guys

I have the Wildcat in .22. I have put about a 500 JSB's 18.13gr through and I am getting varying accuracy at 50 yards. I may try to shorten my range to see how it does. I did buy 2000 of these as all of the forums say they like the heavies...Reading this I may need to rethink.
I did however have it in the field last night and it hit when I did my job, 3 rabbits and a hare for a afirst outing. I will keep trying with the 18's, I have to know! My groups at 50 yds were 8shots 1/2" -1 1/2", with one or two real flyers, from a fully supported adjustable bench rest/clamp. I have heard good reports of the Air Arms pellets too and I had some good accuracy with H&N. My 4 year old was shhoting sub 1" with Accupels and I have some Crossman Prems to try. I will look for the cleaning tool mentioned.

The other issue I have is reloading a new mag in the field. The cocking mechanism needs to be vertical or held in place or the pellet probe drops down and wont take a mag. Comfrotable holding and reloading, for me in the field, is gun point to the ground, right hand cocking and load mag, also safest. Reality is taking gun through a 180 and pointing to the sky to have gravity play a part on the pellet probe to load mag, not a hug issue but not sure why the pellet probe needs to be free floating when gun is cocked.

One more niggle. A very springy, thawngy noise on firing. Not loud but just there. It sounds like the hammer, when tilted but an increase in volume. Not sure if that is normal, difficult to hear on any of the videos.
All that said, if I do my bit in the field it certainly does its part.

Edit..I am finding the trigger feels like it gets 'caught' in the second stage. It feels like a movement to the side. I will have a search for trigger adjustment but, not the what I expeted for this level of gun. I have a CZ .22lr 452 American, it came with a three shot 'test'. I cold have bought three of those for the same proce as I paid for this. I had a second hand Marauder .177, which I regulated and enjoyed tinkering with it. I just dont/didn't expect to do the same with this rifle.

Cheers
Craig

Hello group. Have never posted here so will see if this works. I bought a wildcat in .22 and one in .25 when I was at EBR this year. When I returned home I started shooting them to compare. The .22 is the smoothest, most accurate airgun I have ever shot. It's just amazing and FUN to shoot. Have been having so much fun with it, that I have shot the .25 vary little to this point. Started shooting the .22 with JSB 14.35 gr and it was all over the place. Was shooting at 50 yard and 3 inches was best it would do. Changed to JSB 15.89 and other then the rare flyer it was like I could do no wrong. 8 shots knocks the 1/2 center out of my 2 inch targets. Changed to 75 yard target and it opens up to maybe 3/4 of an inch. Just unbelievable. so far I have shot just over 1000 rounds through it and have cleaned the barrel twice. I have no trouble pulling and replacing the magazine no mater what direction the gun is pointed, so I would think that problem must be an adjustment. I have had it reject the magazine right out on the ground when I pulled the cocking lever back, but only with the 14.35 gr. That problem was caused from a pellet backing out of the magazine, catching and bending the skirt. Found that if I seated the pellets deeper in the magazine it resolved the problem. My guess is the 14.35's were to short to engage the rubber O-ring in the magazine. With the 15.89 it has never had this problem. AOA is sending me a couple more rolls of the 15.89 and I had them send a tin each of heaver pellets to see what they do. Ill let you know what I find. Have been working on adjusting the trigger to my liking. Trigger adjustment has proved rather sensitive so it is taking a few tries. Have been filling to 230 bar and shooting 5 magazines. 

Hi Duffy
That's a great first outing with your wild cat! You are a good shot. I shot a couple of strings with my .22 Wildcat and the JSB 18 grain average 884 fps with 31.4 FPE. 15.89 gr average 938 .5 fps with 31.3 FPE. I know it seems everyone wants to shoot the heaviest pellet that they can but in my mind I will always shoot the most accurate pellet for my rifle especially if FPE s is almost identical. My .25 Wildcat has to be shakin briskly to drop probe. .22 wild cat can be dropped with less shake. This may loosen with use and do the same thing yours does. Don't know what that sound is. I added a baffle and put some sound dampening material in my shroud that made it much quieter. I had a trigger crunch on my .25 and sent it back to AOA. They fixed it. While they had the gun they adjusted the hammer spring I guess because my fps was reduced some and the accuracy was so much better. Sounds like the trigger linkage needs to be adjusted not the trigger. To me anyway. Good luck hope this helps

Hi rjohnigk, thanks you got me on the right path. A quick stock removal and trigger test and I have found the issue with the trigger. The rear linckage has popped its seating. I am not sure if it should be welded in there or it is a pin that fits through both sides. It seems to be too short to fit through both sides and when the trigger is pressed, it sometimes, pops off the linage with a 'click' and the trigger needs to be manually pushed forward before it fully engages with the rear linkage again. I will post this to FX directly before I contact my retailer.

Cheers

Craig

Hi Duffy
I'm pretty sure I damaged my linkage by pulling the trigger with the gun half cocked. I think you can probably also cause of problem by pulling the trigger too hard. Maybe they will send you replacement parts so you don't have to send your rifle back like I did. Good luck it is an excellent trigger but the light weight linkage can be damaged. That's what I think anyway. Roger

I am still not happy with the gun it works good after the berral is fully clean and when i clean it i can see some shiny particals comming out . have tested the gun on chrony the velocities aa re pritty consistant so the problem is poor barrel . a friend of mine had a theoben and he had accuracy problem and he polished the barrel now his gun is shooting very well . What do you guys think should i polish the barrel . cause my hunting results are not good with this gun as compared to my other guns .