• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat .177 MK2 Question/Issue

So today I was shooting my Wildcat, nothing new there. The gun wasn’t grouping well. I was getting 1 inch groups at 30 yards and last week I was getting quarter inch groups, so something wasn’t right. So I pulled the chronograph out and filled the Wildcat back up to 230 bar. I took 24 shots (195 bar) and I got an ES of 34 and a STD of 10.4. (High 931 low 897) I feel like this is a little high for an ES and a STD especially for it not even being a full shot string... am I over exaggerating or should I be concerned? I looked at the AOA shot string (only 5 shots so not much to go on) and the high was 908 and low was 903. I took my Streamline out and shot 24 shots with it on MED power and got a completely different result... ES 16 and a STD 3.7 (high 694 low 678) so what should I do? Break the regulator in more? (About 300 shots through the gun) Call FX? I’ve also thought about replacing the reg with a Huma Reg. Any thoughts or opinions are welcomed. 

First suggestion - call FX USA in Wilmington, NC and leave a concise description of your issue on their tech support line. Provide a follow-up email with more information. I.e., pellet brand and weights used, wind conditions, benchrest accessories used or not, and any specific information or questions pertaining to FX Regulator concerns. Your ES does seem high, but check with FX tech support and validate.

Have you ever cleaned the barrel? Dirty barrels can affect accuracy.

There are some sharp knowledgeable Wildcat owners on this forum who will chime in and try and help you diagnose your accuracy issue. I believe some have replaced the FX Regulator with Huma and have had improved accuracy. When I was considering buying a Wildcat recently the Dealer I was talking to recommended a Huma regulator.

Call FX USA.

Hi,
I had exact same problems with my Wildcat mk2 .25 , at first it was very accurate and i got great groups out to 100m ( 109yards )
Then the groups suddenly started growing, tried cleaning barrel, different pellets etc ( i did not have a chrony at the point )
After getting a crony my ES was similar to yours if not worse. Did alot of researching and asking around, then i decided to buy the huma regulator, installed it and poof! problem solved. Now im getting a ES under 5 !! and the cat`s very accurate!
FX regulators dont have the best reputation, probably why all new FX guns comes with the new amp regulator.

Just my 2 cents!

Good luck with your Cat!

I’ve had it since December so a month and a half. I have about 300 shots and I cleaned the barrel as soon as I got home from AOA.

You can give more time or replace it with a HUMA. It will get better with time as the bevel washers take time to seat. If it doesn't it could have something in the washer stack or just be bad? I've had my 22 mk2 for 5 or 6 months and has never missed a beat but they are hand made so crap happens. I would finish out the tin and check it again.