FX WC Wandering POI, penny for your thoughts.

@dairyboy Yes, holding same. However, at 28 yards a PCP should not be that hold sensitive. For that I can save a lot of money and frustrations and only shoot Springers. 

@hussn32 Indeed. I keep asking @fx_usa about the "Superior" liners, they are supposed to come out in .177 at some point, but I've yet to hear from them. 

@tor47 Barrel has been cleaned & polished. I don't have to clean my Crickets this much, ever. I know there are guys out there that never clean their FX liners and their guns shoot well, or so they say. As for the different kind of pellets, it doesn't seem to matter what I do. I shoot 8 shots of the JSB Monsters into a single hole, test again in a little while, same POI, test again and it has gone to hell with no explanation whatsoever. 

@bubblerboy64 Have verified the scope is not the problem. I have changed the scope a couple of times. I have also shot the original scopes that came off the WC in the other guns and the other guns are shooting perfectly. 

@rj I can tell you that there is no o-ring in there. I looked. Will look for the size and see if I can source from somewhere and install. Hope that is the problem. Pellet probe is spot on. Have meticulously measured each time I take gun apart. All screws are on tight. 

Thanks to all again. 

Just shot it again and the darn thing became a shotgun again. Same ammo, same everything, gun was cradled on shooting bags, has plenty of air. Mind boggling!!!

I can offer two words of advice, Taipan Veteran! I'll never own another FX rifle with a liner system. The combination of liner, sleeve, shroud, moderator, and associated O rings and fasteners is, IMO, simply not conducive to maintaining a reliable POI. I had a Crown, and I would not even consider taking it hunting, for the very same reason. I realize that I'm the contrarian here, and most folks love the super adjustable FX rifles. I wish them, and you, the very best, and I hope you find the solution. 

@elh0102 Have one already, & 2 Crickets. Wanted something in .177, this showed ip as a “good deal” Will probably sell at some point, but I will never pass it down unless I have it shooting good enough to sell. 

F58C12C4-4CFD-4D55-9744-7FF91AA865D1.1602797237.jpeg

Not only is there supposed to be an O ring inside the liner locking nut, there is supposed to be one inside of the breech end of the barrel sleeve that the liner presses into.

When you insert the liner into the sleeve, you should feel it hit, then press past an O ring before seating fully into the brass transfer port.

If either or both of them are missing, therein lies your issue.

Well, the ine inside the liner locking nut is missing. The one in the breech end is fine.

As for the hammer assembly, it’s the only thing I did not take apart. That, if needed, will be for another day.

Gun shooting accurately again, I think, FYI. Go figure. Either that, or the last 2 chipmunks I just shot are the unluckiest sob’s there ever were. 

I shot my wc mk3 sniper .22 yesterday. First 10 shots were the same hole, next 8 shots hit 4 inches to the right . Put in another magazine, they all hit same hole. Gauge was at 190 bar, refilled it to 230 bar . It was shooting to the left again. I readjusted the scope again to center. I pushed and pulled the barrel in different directions and it still hit dead center. So I don’t think it’s a barrel or shroud issue.

I shot my wc mk3 sniper .22 yesterday. First 10 shots were the same hole, next 8 shots hit 4 inches to the right . Put in another magazine, they all hit same hole. Gauge was at 190 bar, refilled it to 230 bar . It was shooting to the left again. I readjusted the scope again to center. I pushed and pulled the barrel in different directions and it still hit dead center. So I don’t think it’s a barrel or shroud issue.

First check your pellet pusher/probe is centered to the breech and tightened.

Try single loading first for a 30 shot group on a single target.

Then...if same issue...

Try tethering the tank at 200bar constant if possible. If you don't have an inline adjustable regulator use a tank that's at around 180-200bar and crank it open all the way and test for groups till infinity then you will know for sure what's the problem.